Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pit bulls and Dumbasses

I have said it before, I will say it again. What the hell is wrong with these damn kids today!?!?!?! Yesterday I happened to witness the end of a dogfight in the middle of my street. The story...
The Players:
Psycho: Pit bull, Colby, happy-go-lucky, socialized, neighbor's dog.
Other dog: Pit bull, unknown heritage, unknown temperament.
Dumb ass gaggle of 4 teen boys: humans, questionable heritage, stupid mentality.
Okay, so Dumb ass gaggle of 4 teen boys decide to walk Other dog down my street. This was a stupid decision on their part because of 1) Psycho, 2) Kurn (son of Psycho, just as big, not as well socialized, I love him anyway...), 3) Psycho's daughter (whose name I can't remember, but prone to running out of the front door at a moment's notice). 4) It is no secret that these dogs are here! In other words this is the wrong end of the street to be fucking around on if you don't like unfamiliar pit bulls. Anyhow, Psycho is probably the biggest lap dog I have ever seen. He learned how to stay in his front yard and catch some rays (no fence or leash) and not bother or be bothered by passers-by. But here comes Dumb asses and dog. Psycho being Mr. Friendly goes to check out the other dog. Now I don't know about you but I see a pit bull walking up, I walk the other way dragging my own dog away from a fight. They instead let Psycho approach Other dog to within smell range. Psycho (as he usually does) sees this as a new potential playmate. <~~ Y'all can see the tension building already don't you?

Guess what the hell happens next?
I didn't call them dumb asses for nothing. Instead of trying to keep them separated, they encourage Other dog to attack!!!! WTF? Anybody who has ever seen two of these dogs go at it doesn't want to be anywhere near when they do. Did I mention they were dumb asses? Psycho took a little nip on the side of the head because he wasn't prepared for conflict at the time. But being the wily veteran he is, shook out of the hold and reversed the lock and gave the young fool a good shaking. The dumb asses finally got wise and tried to get them apart, after their dog caught the smackdown! Psycho of course had to be dragged off with a person on each front leg. There was blood, none of it his.

Morals to this story:
1) Don't fuck with the nice/quiet ones, the can of whoop-ass may be too big for you to deal with!
2) Not every pit bull has been trained to be a killer.
3) Just because you are stupid doesn't mean everybody wants their dog to fight yours.
4) Don't bite off more than you can chew (in so many ways...)
5) Most important of all: the dogs ain't the most dangerous thing on this end of the block!

2 comments:

deepnthought said...

Why did I feel like this was a story humans need. I need to send this to my ex and my sisters friend. They seem to have missed those lessons.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I know a lot of them same folks it seems...