Monday, May 07, 2007

Daring the Temporal Timelines

I love Science Fiction. And a recurring theme is that of the alternate timeline. For those uninitiated, an alternate timeline is one where some important event in the past went left instead of right. For instance what the world would be like if Hitler had won WWII. Got me to thinking how small this world really is.

Check this shit out.

  • There is a guy who married one of my cousins (father's side), who has been my step brother's best friend forever, who is the cousin of another cousin of mine (mother's side).
  • My sister's baby daddy is the son of the woman that wanted to be that special woman in my father's life instead of my mother. I believe that meeting between their children was chance by the way.
  • I just realized that in another timeline my wife is actually my first cousin. And that my mother-in-law would be my aunt. I didn't even know that our families had crossed paths before I met the wife...
I wonder how far I really am from Kevin Bacon...

3 comments:

deepnthought said...

This was funny to me, on several levels. My intended could have been my brother. Just found out, his mother and my father dated while my father was in the service. His mother is Jamaican. Small World. I have a cousin (fathers side) who has a baby by a cousin (mothers side). Interesting.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

See. You know what I am talking about.

Tafari said...

If scenario 2 is real... Damn! LOL

Bygbaby