Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Note To My Queen

In a recent conversation with my wife, she said something to me that made me stop to think. Left me momentarily speechless in fact. What she said was, "One of the reasons that I really love you is that you told me that you are My Queen". Now I usually try to be modest about such things, not making a deal out of the truth and all. But then she said in a quiet little voice "Nobody ever said that to me before." Speechless happened. I felt like a million bucks and sad at the same time. I was the first to tell her how I REALLY felt and felt the way I said I did. On the other hand, I was first... A lot of dudes got this one simple little thing just plain wrong, and that IS sad. Sometimes the things we say resonate in someone else's life although we only feel we are "just telling the truth". And the things we don't say do too. Sooooo......

To my loving wife:

You ARE my queen. My kingdom is not as rich or as grand as it once was. But the seat beside mine is ALWAYS yours. It did not grow the first time without you. It shall grow again with you by my side. And it will always be there where you are. I have said a million times before, add one more because I ask again, "How can I be a King if MY WOMAN is anything but a Queen?" How could YOU be anything but My Queen? Because of you I feel like a King!!!!

Happy Mother's Day My Love!

Sincerely,

Honeybun

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice man very nice.....your wifey should be proud!!

If I could only get your DNA and make me a man......lol lol

deepnthought said...

Not only are you on that list I have that says, Read with inhaler at your side. Now you on the read with kleenex close to you list.

Thank you for being a King and recognizing that your wife is your Queen. ***sniff sniff sniff***
got me all motional an thangs.

Jazzy said...

Awwwwwwwww

Yaz & Deep I was thinking the exact same thing.

Cloning him is high on the top of my list and I definitely got teary-eyed!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yaz, if you only knew how many times I heard that DNA thing. Just $1 each time is all I ask!

Aw Deep, now you tryin' to leave me all speechless too!

Much love to you too Diva!

Hugs all around!!! I am buying the first round!!!!

I was gonna borrow the picture thing but I didn't wanna leave anyone out. But check the newest post for what I did instead.

Coko Mulan said...

aawwwww that is so special!