Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Funeral Folks

What is wrong with our youngin's today? Why is it that they consider their "Good Clothes" the ones they wear to the club? And why do they think this is appropriate funeral dress? And I ain't talking about the good clubbin' clothes either. The good clubbin' clothes being the ones you COULD wear to the office if you don't mind the stares and commentary. Not them. I am talking about the ones you usually see near a really SEEDY HO-tel. Had me mourning the departed and the lack of good fashion sense.

And why does SOME relative have to embarrass everybody by clowning at a funeral of all places? Either they fall out over someone they didn't actually really care about. Or they talk over the minister while trying to comfort the relatives, DURING the service. Or they sing some hella awful song that inspires laughter and/or shock. Even call for the magician whilst at the mic. True story y'all, but she meant musician, cause she wanted to sing a song that sounded like a bag full of horny cats!!!!

I ain't trying to be insensitive or anything, but sometimes people just need to sit the hell down!

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

I wondered the same thing at my cousin's funeral back in August. It was in the afternoon, so I went to work first and had everyone thinking I was going to a job interview in a sharp Black suit.

I don't always expect people to dress up for a funeral...well actually I do, but I guess I just didn't expect people to be so dressed down.

Almost EVERYone was dressed for a bar-b-que. The respect is just gone.

deepnthought said...

The funny thing is, I was thinking about this very thing. did this post sneak by me? for shame.

Any way. I think the next funeral in my family I will tape. Just because folks dont believe me when I say anything. lol

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I believe you! Been there, done that! Ya know?

I started it and saved it and finished it after doing other posts. It kinda slipped in... But yes. For shame!

*Tanyetta* said...

True to this one---I ain't trying to be insensitive or anything, but sometimes people just need to sit the hell down!

You ain't nevah lied :)