Sunday, May 20, 2007

Damn Thieves!

Somebody trying to steal my internet y'all!!! What the fuck is up with that? Lemme back up and 'splain before I start accusing my neighbors of some shit!

Today when I arose. I walked down yonder stairs and noticed something strange. There were five, count them: one, two, three, four, FIVE, green lights on my router! That was the first time I had ever seen such a thing. In fact I thought that it was only a myth that my router had such capability since I have NO wireless devices in house. I would have but my irresponsible 17 year old "lost" her $250 PSP, supposedly IN the house. That aside, my computer is hooked up via good ol' cat 5 cable. That explains light #2. Light #1 being power, #3 being DSL connection and #4 logged into the ISP. The fifth powered light signified an ACTIVE wireless connection to the router. Since I had no wireless devices, I never bothered with the wireless settings before. So by default the settings for the wireless ports were open.

Well seems some damn ghetto tripe done been all up in my shyt! I naturally punched the ejector button on my computer chair that was being inhabited by my nephew getting his Internet Pimpin' on. The ejector button of course being my right thumb pointed to the heavens over a closed fist. I promptly logged into the router's setting page, clicked the wireless settings and turned off the free wi-fi hotspot that I had so graciously been providing. Then asked Internet Pimp how long has that light been on? He said since yesterday. This of course perplexed me because it wasn't on while I was out here harassing all of you last night. Apparently the jacker in question sleeps normal hours or something. Not a vampyre like mahself.

If I didn't find that so funny that it happened I would be pissed as hell! That and I unwittingly allowed it to happen... But still... I am gonna have to find out the real range on my router to figure out who done been jacking my beats! Hell if the RIAA gonna send the FBI after me then it is gonna be for songs I stole dammit!!!! Got my eye out the window now. Wondering who done done me wrong! Other nephew and his new phone? Some kid with a laptop? Somebody else? Hmmm.... I DO see some car parts I could use...betta not be you homeboy!

I just had an epiphany. Apparently I am not as far in the ghetto as I thought I was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel you. Broadband thieves, computer hijackers, cable stealers - let's just name them all. I hate folks whose only job is to steal from me.

Speaking of which... those dang teenagers... I've got one of my own. Many a wireless computer nightmare and "misplaced" electronics can be attributed to that one.