Friday, May 25, 2007

Phone Hex

What the hell is wrong with these telemarketers? Why they almost make you have to act up before they will hang up tha damn phone?

Telemarketer: Hello, I have a deal for you. Blah, blah, blah...

TSSE: * silence *

Telemarketer: You have been selected blah, blah, blah...

TSSE: Um...

Telemarketer: ...best rate around blah, blah, blah...

TSSE: ::: interrupting ::: Do you have a number where I can call YOU? I am into something right now.

Telemarketer: ::: stumbles and mumbles for a minute ::: We sent you out a letter with our number a few days ago. But, blah, blah, blah...

TSSE: ::: interrupting again ::: So should I go look for this letter or am I taking your number?

Telemarketer: blah, blah, blah, yeah we sent the letter with the number a few days ago. You should have that by now. Blah, blah, blah...

TSSE: ::: interrupting yet again ::: Okay, I will look for that! YOU HAVE A NICE DAY NOW!!!

Telemarketer: You too sir...

I know folk got a job and all but when someone tells you that they don't have the time at the moment, hang the hell up!!! Just gonna keep talking and all. Are they trained to think that it is my JOB to listen to them do their job or something? It ain't that I am not interested necessarily. But can I be interested on my own damn time?

No comments: