Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm So Mad At Music!

I am so mad at music because...

...Detroit is one of the blackest cities in America. Why are the most popular recording artists from the area: Eminem, Madonna and Kid Rock?

...Luther Vandross did not do "Dance With My Father" a capella. That Casio keyboard arrangement killed that song for me completely.

...A song entitled "My Boo" became a hit. Twice. The first song was just awful with a Casio keyboard arrangement. And I am just hating on the second because of the title.

...Motown Records hasn't been in Motown in decades. And hasn't really been a relevant record label since.

...I spend more time listening to talk radio than I do to music when the radio is on. Is good musical content too much to ask for?

...All of them damn publicity stunts before album releases. I mean some of this dumb shyt they do HAS to be contrived! Right?

...Socially conscious rappers WERE popular and socially irresponsible rappers ARE popular.

...The RIAA are such assholes that the new version of Windoze doesn't even work right because of all the crap they whine about.

9 comments:

deepnthought said...

I so loved this post. I am feeling you. I will come back tomorrow with something to add.

Jazzy said...

*sigh* This is soooooooooo true. I complain about this all the time, but the truth is most people love a badboy and think conscious rappers are boring. The young guys respect a badboys hustle so they buy and promote that kind of music. The ladies seem to love them a badboy too...it's supposed to be sexy...I hear. I will never understand the fascination with 50 cent. Never.

Beana said...

i am so with u on this cat.

one word for ya...

IPOD

LOL

Unknown said...

We must be eating the same food...'cause the shyt on your mind smells hella familiar! Nice post, man!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I had more but I ran out of steam. Oldtimers ya know...

@Diva: I don't understand the 50 obsession either. A couple of catchy hooks and anybody can be a star. If you wrap about crap...

@J: Aw hell to tha naw! Not THE Ipod! Well, maybe if I use yours. Have me singing "Who We Be" in line and such.

The one I forgot to put on the list is ...street cred is an important concept to some artists.

Anonymous said...

yea good post man....I stay talking about this same stuff to my friends and associates...Music aint shit....thats why I listen to JAZZ..

Yep Yaz is a Jazzhead

Ms. Lee said...

I like some ignant shit (usually in small doses). I can't even lie!

My problem is that I need to add new music to my feed, because sometimes the old stuff is just...old.

Every now and then, something good slides down thru the cracks.

Talk radio? I can do a little bit of. After awhile, it just sounds like "Listen to me, I've got yet another opinion that I think is better than yours!" STFU! LOL. Please!

When it gets too hectic, I use my ipod to escape. It helps.

LOL@ My boo!

Tafari said...

"...A song entitled "My Boo" became a hit. Twice. The first song was just awful with a Casio keyboard arrangement..."

Don't scream but I have been jamming to Usher's My Boo lately for some reason. I used to hate the song when it came out a few years ago LOL

Bygbaby

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@Ms. Lee: I do have to agree with you on pretty much everything. I am gonna get one of those Ipod thingys myself when I can get them ducs in a row.

@Byg: Byg-baaaaayyyyyyyy-bayyyyyy! I always wanted to do that! I find it funny that songs we find irritating as hell originally end up in our play list for one reason or another. I don't hate the song (Usher) but overplay kills even the best of songs. I am hatin' on the title still.