Monday, May 19, 2008

The Real Me vs. The Blog Me: By Opinionated Diva and The Second Sixty-Eight

"There's no telling when I'm down for a jack move!!!!"

As you can plainly see...

So I am gonna spin this one for you.

I curse a lot more on the blog than I do in person. (Nah! the other way around for me... "cussin' since the age of talk" as mom says...) Sometimes when I’m writing, I just feel like shit, fuck, bitch, etc truly does emphasize my mood on paper, in person you have the added advantage of seeing my facial expressions, erratic hand movements, so it’s not nearly as necessary I guess you get the full effect. Unless I’m usually totally relaxed with you, then it’s no holds barred and I’m unapologetically cursing like a mf gd sailor just because *shrugging* I’m so very experienced at it. such an effing lady who likes to curse.

I think I channel my inner sha-nay-nay sailor on the blog, but your first impression of me in person is probably going to be that you think I’m slightly boughie and somewhat stuck up. I can appear standoffish at times. I guess people who aren't constantly running off at the mouth intimidate people for some reason... My sister says it’s It could be my body language…the way I hold my head to the side, arch an eyebrow…that thing I do with my eyes…like I’m judging. Whatever. I never want to make anyone feel like I think they’re beneath me, but sometimes my eyes witness some fuckery, and I can’t help looking at someone like they must be out of their got damn mind. See…there’s the cursing again. I’m just not great at hiding what I’m thinking…is what I’m trying to say.

Patience is not one of my virtues when dealing with stupidity, but I think I have more patience in real life than I convey on the blog, which is understandable since a lot of my posts are rants about something that really annoyed the hell out of me. I should probably write more about the normal stuff in my life, but normal is boring. I know there are plenty of people who enjoy writing about boring things (gag)…that is not something I want to do.

I can’t think of any other ways that I might be different (but I did throw this post together in under ten minutes(Yeah, it took me about that long to revise it too...))…so I think that’s it.

Wait...one more. I think I'm much more revealing on the blog than I am in person. Okay... I know I am.

How are you different (if at all)?

8 comments:

Jazzy said...

LOL!

I absolutely love these. Anything to get you posted more. Wait...maybe it's seeing my name up on your blog! lol - that's probably it.

Cursing "since the age of talk"??? Hilarious!

You do sound uppity though...especially when you're trying to hide that accent. LOL!

Beana said...

hey now here is one I can do!

Im going to jack it too :-)

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yep. Since the age of talk. Hide what accent?

Yeah you know you like seeing you name up in lights!

I will by to read it then J!

Freaky Deaky said...

I think I did something like this a year or two ago. I may have to do it over and update it. Thanks for the idea or for jacking the idea. LOL!

Bananas said...

What's a blog?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Terry, I done already had to go over to Ms. Behaving's place to cut her.

Don't make me have to...

No prob Freaky! See you weren't the only one jacked this week! Just waiting for J to give me something good and everybody here will have been jacked!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Oh see...

THIS right here "I done already had to go over to Ms. Behaving's place to cut her" is about allllllll the proof I need.

That's okay...you got me but hell if I ain't finn'a press charges!!! LOL

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Press charges? What? I see some people just DON'T learn! Imma have ta come by again after I go visit the sharpener...