Friday, May 30, 2008

A Dozen Random Quirks And Factoids

I been "cussing since the age of talk". Hey! I learned early from older neighbors who were very accomplished at it themselves. I saw one of them a couple of days ago. I guess it is why I thought to mention this. I forget if The Wife or Mom coined the phrase though...
EDIT: It was The Wife who coined the phrase...

~~~

My wife has some very interesting stories about me farting that she LOVES to tell. So of course on some selfish level, I hope none of you ever meet her! But then again, them shits is funny as hell so I guess I wouldn't mind too much.

~~~

I hate things outta place. I ain't saying I am a neat freak. Cause my shyt look blasted often. And I never injured myself trying to clean anything. But once something finds itself a place in my house, I expect that shyt to stay there until needed!!!!

~~~

I have a different drinking vessel for each type of beverage. Yes that is right.

  • I have a coffee mug.
  • I have a tea mug.
  • I have a pop cup (and no I DO NOT MEAN SODA).
  • I have two water jugs (half gallon), one repping my beloved Pistons.
  • 2.5 52-Ounce 7-Eleven cups, was four (Old racing is broken inside, new racing walked off, one went to dad...okay five), one for Slurpees and the other for fountain drinks.
  • I have two other cups in semi-retirement. Mostly because of the metal interior or exterior that prevents them from being used in a microwave.
All of them are insulated. And woe to any fool who thinks to put one up to their lips. Especially my coffee cup. In addition I have a few others that are used for different reasons but are generally disposable.

~~~

I am a pack rat to a certain extent. I tend to keep things that may have some value at some point in the future. Kinda quirky since I seem to have a good sense for what ain't junk. Hey, you never know when you need to niggarig something. Gotta get my MacGyver on at times. I saved a piece of electronic equipment from a broken kids toy and now I have a headset for my cordless phone which allows me to chat and blog at the same time. My wife however throws stuff away like she got a trust fund or something. She has thrown away several good housewares because washing them was too monumental a task. How do we manage to live together?

~~~

I love me some housewares. Yep. I like plates and mugs and flatware. But get me to some glasses! Man! Especially bar glasses. I stand there envisioning all the wonderful drukenness that can be had with THAT set! And I pretty much got the next kitchen picked out. All KitchenAid. I just gotta get a kitchen so that I know what color to get it all in...

~~~

I never really learned yard work until I was almost 30. Still kinda suck at it. But the first time I lived in a house occupied by the owner was just before my 28th birthday. And it was mid winter when I signed the papers and moved in. So my 28th birthday had come and gone six weeks before the grass needed tending. Something to be said for apartments and townhouses up until then...

~~~

I can only watch MTV in the middle of the night. That seems to be the only time when anyone interesting has a video on the air. Or anybody have a video on the air. In fact, lemme consult the TV Guide for a sec... Uh... Nevamind. Scratch that. It seems that you won't find one even then. I think I only saw one or two hours of music videos scheduled for the next 48 hours on Music Television. Go figure. So when are they gonna change the name to RTV? The seem to have more reality shows than anyone else! When did that happen? And what the hell is the world coming to?

~~~

The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack is still one of the best I have ever enjoyed. Very relaxing. I have slept well many a night with that on the CD player. Some of those nights didn't even require me to get all sweaty and spent first...

~~~

I am definitely Old School and definitely not Hip-Hop. I can't really even define Hip-Hop. But then I haven't really heard anyone else come up with a clear definition of it either. But I know it ain't me. Why? Because Earth, Wind & Fire, The Isley Brothers, Marvin Gaye, The Stylistics, The Spinners and the many others who make up my music collection are most definitely NOT Hip-Hop. Although I do enjoy a little here and there. But you must also remember this about me...

~~~

I was an 80's white boy! During the formative and growth years of Hip-Hop, I was listening to the white cats. Mostly.

~~~

Did Erykah Badu hook any of you like she got me? I thought On and On was just too strange and out there and cool to be merely background music played ad nauseum on some radio station's hot 20 rotation.

12 comments:

The Pew View said...

Baby don't feels bad. Everyone lets out some gas here and there. Now me I am a farter too. My grandchildrens be like "somethang stank Granny did you poot" I tells them "I am a farter and farters don't poot we fart" What the hell I got to squeeze a fart through my ass fo (Lawd forgive me). I did that one time while this man was standing there talking to me and I ended up putting my one christian finger in the air to cuse myself. Hell I messed around and shitted (Lawd forgive) I my good pair of panty drawers. Ever since then I don't poot to be polite I farts to keep my panty drawers right. Take care now.

Signed
Ruthie Ann

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

"I don't poot to be polite I farts to keep my panty drawers right." Now that is some philosophicals right there!

Queen of My Castle said...

Oooooohhhhh, I love love love glasses, barware, and kitchenware. KitchenAid is the ish!

So, you're a pack rat. I throw everything away. I hate clutter. How does your wife deal with you and your "stuff?"

I so feel you on EWF and The Isley Brothers. EWF are coming here sometime in July I think.

My fave E. Badu song is Ye-Yo.

No, I didn't cop this from you. You were the one blog-jacking, so I should be asking YOU that question. LOL

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

See. I ain't the only one who thinks Linens -N- Things is a great store! Now we gonna have to sit around and have drinks and enjoy the barware!

Usually the clutter thing is dealt with by nagging. I nag her about not tossing my stuff away without rhyme or reason. She nags me about my stuff not having rhyme or reason. But I usually keep stuff in boxes. And in a certain room where no one else is allowed to clean. The problem is that for some reason they feel the need to clean the rest of the house into that room and that is how the damn thing ends up looking like shit! What I mean by clean is take stuff from one room and dump it into another...

Old School is good school...

Yes, it is true. I been blog jacking. But you gotta admit, it generated some good stuff. And my answer to you asking is that mine was here first. So nah... LOL.

Anonymous said...

"cussing since the age of talk"....I have to use that.

I'm a pack rat but not as bad as my momma. She still has clothes from the early 90s that are 5 times smaller than what she is now.

MTV is full of bad reality shows. What the hell is a Tila Tequila? lol

I like Erykah but she threw me off with her last cd. I got to be drunk to listen to it.

Freaky Deaky said...

Damn we have a lot in common. Well, except for the Erykah Badu thing. I can't stand most neo soul or Mother Earth type chicks. LOL!

I haven't listened to the CT,HD soundtrack but next time I'm bored and looking for music to check out I might do that.

I have my name on most of my coffee mugs so I definitely don't allow anyone to put their crusty lips against them.

LadyLee said...

Well down south in the ATL, we don't call it pop or soda... we call it what it is... A "drank".

I'm a pack rat in personal areas. Living room, kitchen and dining room need to be clutter free, man!

I am strictly Old school. I can't even tell you what the hot groups or songs are right now. And I don't care!

MTV sucks. Enough said. They need to take it back to Michael Jackson Billie Jean days!

And from your list... you are one dyssturbed dude for sure. LOL

dejanae said...

loves me some Badu

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Southern - I don't know if you can steal that phrase. Your usage may have to be approved before you can use it in public. Because I
literally did what it says...

Okay, moms need to let go of the clothes. You can't MacGyver old bad fashions...

You know at first I thought a Tila Tequila was a really strong and fruity drink with Blue Agave flavor. You know, like a Sunrise with strawberry in it? After looking at her, I wish it was...
Hmm... I like your plan on the Erykah listening party. I will make Tila Tequilas!!!!

@ Freaky - Them Detroit bonds definitely go farther than just a city name.

Badu hooked me because she was fresh and new. She a little dyssturbed though. Guess that is why I like her...

Don't sleep on the Yo-Yo Ma because that soundtrack can put you right to sleep. Hell you might find yourself armed with a legendary sword in ya next nightmare... It could happen...

@ Ladylee - Drank? That is almost two syllables. Hell it IS two syllables if you got a deep southern accent! Too much talking!

I pack rat much like you. I don't mind other rooms being cleaned. And if I leave my stuff around you can put it with my other junk, as long as I can find it...

I can't identify them either. Although a handful of songs did get acquired because they were quite catchy.

Yeah, MTV does suck. I'm with you, they need videos not reality. Late night blows for videos. Never thought I would miss BET Uncut...

So the list makes me dyssturbed for sure huh? Well... I like you too!

@ Dejanae - Been missing you around these parts. Where ya been?

Eb the Celeb said...

Aint nothin wrong with being old skool

and I say you have the wife guest blog and tell us about these farting stories...lol

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You can hope Eb. But she ain't coming outta hiding!

Rashan Jamal said...

I've loved Badu since her first album when she did a showcase on Video Soul. Perfomed like half the album and I was hooked.

I'm so hip hop, but I'm also old school. I love 80's white boy music too.

I do the pack rat thing too. (No hoodie jokes. LOL) I got mad remotes and wires to tvs, vcrs, etc I don't even have anymore.

Aiight, I'm done. One! (see hip hop. LOL)