Sunday, August 17, 2008

Answering Another Divalicious Question: The Get List

About a week or two ago, The Blog Wife, Opinionated Diva asked me how I was doing with my list for improving things in my situation. That question was based on this post from a while back. She being the wonderful and caring person that she is, asked how things were progressing half a year later. This post is her answer.

Y'all will have to excuse me for having published this incomplete. The original version didn't have the above explanation. So I am sure folk were wondering what the hell was the question that she asked. At least I was wondering that when I read it...
Also I forgot to mention that I have all of you under Get Wealthier and Get Closer...



Get Wealthier

  • Not much progress has been made on this front. But of course should I decide that my current volunteer position needs changing, I suspect that things should change rather rapidly.
  • But The Wife is starting to take orders for the baking business. That might get going soon!
Get Healthier
  • I have been in closer contact with my doctor.
  • I am doing better managing my health issues.
  • Of course I have to get wealthier before I can really improve my diet.
Get Educated
  • I have an appointment with my adviser to discuss my remaining classes for my degree.
  • My BS in BA/MIS is not far off.
  • Getting wealthier would likely help some too.
  • I have been picking up some knowledge on web design and XML here and there. So I may be changing things up here and there...
Get Selfish
  • Yeah. This one is probably the most urgent of them all.
  • Too much has been slipping and going wrong because I haven't done this one!
  • Self interest has taken a back seat to duty at times. That ain't cool with me no more.
Get Closer
  • I am working on this one too.
  • I am trying to reconnect with family and friends that I have been missing out on while hermiting.
  • I am also trying to get back to the way things are SUPPOSED to be with The Wife and kids.
Get Distant
  • This one really only can be measured by other things happening first. Especially Get Gone.
Get Mobile
  • Some progress is being made on this.
  • My car is on the road again. Unfortunately, The Wife's car suffered a tragedy which made it necessary to put my not so road ready ride back in traffic!
Get Gone
  • No offers to leave town yet. Dangit!
  • Might have a little movement on getting out of THIS place though.
Get Your Duty Done
  • As much of it as I can whenever I can. It is working out better for mom at this point than The Wife. But that may find some balance soon.
And most of all DO whatever it takes to make a life better... YOURS!!!!!!
  • It isn't exactly getting worse. So the slide seems to be stopping.
  • I have all of you. How isn't that better?
  • I have been making some progress on everything else so things are bound to look up!

21 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

okay here i am being all smurfy up this piece

things are gonna get better.....

and if you beleive it you can achieve it sir......

rooting for you all the way

and of course you have us and we have you.....

u dont know how much your personality lifts a sister spirits up!!!

LadyLee said...

LOL @ Dreamy's smurfy black tail.

Hey man, do what you gotta do to get YOURS! I'm understanding that life's journey is all about process, and we're all under construction 'til the day we die. I feel like if you earnestly want to GET where you want to be, your isshas are all but solved. It's just a matter of finishing the race.

And get the health under control, bruh. Stay in touch with your doc!

Keep "getting" better...

Terry got his views from the cheap seats, and those are my views from the Harem kitchen. lol

Anonymous said...

Do what you got to do to be a better you. All it takes is making it to the finish line.

MrsSaditty said...

Yeeeah to progress! I love the way your positives overpower everything else.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Dreamy Smurf - Well all right now!

@ Ladylee - LMAO @ from The Harem Kitchen!!!

@ Southern - Ya feel me?

@ MRS. Saditty - Yeah. Gotta remain positive. You never make it anywhere staying stuck on negative. Or stuck on stupid for that matter.

Desy said...

now that's what i call a 'to do' list...lol

It's good to see the progression

nikki said...

love the list, but i'm not loving the whole "gotta get wealthy" thing i keep seeing as a reason for non-movement. that's the thing that'll keep a person stagnant if he/she ain't careful.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I just came by, based on a post by Southern Gal. You know I trust everything my blog folks tell me is worth reading. You were worth the read. Good luck in all your ventures. Sounds like you have a plan.....

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Desy - Yeah. General guidelines help much better than a specific list. Progress mean success you only fail when you get stagnant.

@ Nikki - I ain't really with that "gotta get wealthy" thing. That sets you up for a pass fail situation every time. It is kinda quantitative in concept. My Get Wealthier is more subjective and more qualitative. It is about improving the mechanical forces that affect the quality of life.
Oh dang! You got me all philosophizing up in my comment section!

@ One Man's Opinion - You know, I trust my folk the same way. Welcome to the madness!

MsKayotic said...

I feel like you are making ground for the simple fact you have outlined your goals. Once they're written, then you can follow through to them.

I believe things will get better. Just continue to have that faith and determination that it will come to pass.

RealHustla said...

Hey, you have a list, and this is a step in the right direction. Make sure you keep it somewhere that you can see it every day.

Rashan Jamal said...

Diva be all up in your business, dont she? LOL

Get Rich or Blog Trying!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Kayos - Yeah. That is exactly why I made the list.

@ THE Real Hustla - Not only do I keep it somewhere I can see it daily. It is never more than two feet away from my head when I am at my computer.

@ Rashan - Yeah, she do be don't she? It's why we love her so!

Hmm... Get Rich or Blog Trying...

Jazzy said...

Shut it up bighead Rashan!!!! I do like the get rich or blog trying line though...but since you said it...IT SUCKS!!! lol

@ 68...blog wife??? Are you trying to get both of us shanked in our sleep by the REAL wife???? I'm not ready to die! But if she kicks you out...*mouthing*...call me I KID...I KID!!! lol

Luv that you are accomplishing things on your "Get List"...get educated man! That should definitely improve getting healthier, which should help most of the other "Gets" fall in to place.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Nah man! No shankings up in here!
She even admitted that you would be that one.

Yep. Getting things going even though sometimes it don't seem like much is happening.

Jazzy said...

Really???? Awwwwwwww!

If I ever make it up to Detoit to see that man I share DNA with...we have to get together for dinner/lunch/coffee etc!!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

The fact that you even followed it up speaks volumes...

Hell it even inspires me to write up my own list!!
LAWD knows I won't hold myself accountable for shyt unless I do.

Anyway...keep on keepin' @ em!! :-)

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Diva - Should you ever get to the sperm donor then I shall be honored to eat in your presence!
(dang another brotha bein' a donor from the D!)

@ Ms. B. - I shall keep my nose at least close enough to the grindstone to smell it anyway...

Jameil said...

keep working at it brother. checking in on your goals regularly is the best way to make it happen. but you already know that.

dejanae said...

keep workin towards them goals man

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Jameil - Yeah. That I do know.

@ Dejanae - Fo sho!