Friday, August 29, 2008

School Madness: Tha Update

I went in for another round of advising because I was positively in a twist last night.

I get there after several misstarts getting out of the door. And it is a rainy kinda day so I ain't feeling that wonderful. After one tardy bus and one crowded bus I make my sweaty way into the office. I sign in and wait for about 10 minutes. While I am there I see this Indian/Pakistani guy sitting with a small baby. A couple of minutes later I see this thin and fine thing walk out and ask him "Is the baby OK?". At which point I nearly fall the hell outta my chair because this woman had to be either a size 0 or a -2. She must have looked like she was smuggling soccer balls when the kid was inside... But I digress...

Because a couple of minutes later I see some fine chocolate walked up in the office and go to the sign in sheet. I thought she was another student until she called my name. So I followed her (with a slight grin) right past my own advisor and to her office. So already my day is better. I tell her about the registration process nearly making me lose my religion last night. So we dig into the transcript and did a quick audit of the classes.

One of the classes I don't have to take because it isn't offered any more. Cool! Three fewer credits and nearly a grand saved! Another I had passed and as long as I bring a B in another course, it should even out if it isn't already. The class I was registered for I did indeed pass previously, so one more off the list of those needed...
My Physics course grade never got submitted for whatever reason so... I am taking Chemistry! It was a Physics course for Physics majors, so the professor told me at the time, an it was mind bending! Fuck that! Not doing that again! Then again... Scratch that! They would require me to be on campus three days for an hour and TOO early for me to take Chemistry! I am taking Astronomy!!! And it is a web class!!!
I figured out which computer course I actually needed last night. I just needed to see how many credits I had to take to get there. So the 2 credit class is registered for...
And my Systems Analysis class is registered for because I stunk that one up bad before!
The capstone course for the Business school, Business Policy, needs advisor approval and it wasn't open at the time. But they may make you manually register for that one... The Software Tools for Business Applications and Information Systems Policy and Management classes are only Winter term classes.

So that leaves four business courses, one computer science course and one natural science course and I am DONE! Three and Three (barring surprises) and I am out!

5 comments:

MsKayotic said...

I'll be praying for you. I wish you luck. I know this stretch to your victory will be long and hard but it will go by fast and you'll be glad it's over.

Keep hanging in there. You'll make it.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Why thank ya!

The Dreamy One said...

you can do it honey, rooting for you all the way.

i know the brainy part of you has this down pack,lol

have a wonderful weekend if i dont talk to you before then.

since they have put me on the day shift i dont have time to do anything!!

*sigh* but i aint tripping, talk to you soon sweets!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Will catch ya whenever... Yeah. I got this done. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is a blue sky with light clouds and plenty of sun!

LadyLee said...

Go 68!!

Get in there and DO IT!!

And uh I suggest you take that chemistry class!!