Friday, August 29, 2008

School Madness

I must be getting old. And I am not so eager to start classes suddenly. I say these things because I am still not really registered for classes. I spent like four hours yesterday playing around with things. I was trying to find the non-existent class my advisor gave me. I then realized that she told me to take a different class that I already passed. I was attempting to reconcile the needed classes from the bulletin with the missing classes on my transcript. I came to the realization that half of the damn classes I need are either offered NEXT term or currently closed. ALL of my damn classes will be at night since the one I already took was the lone daytime class. These night classes are gonna cause a serious problem for me since carrying firearms in dorms and classrooms is illegal in Michigan. But riding busses at night in my neighborhood unarmed is not really all that smart. And no car... OH yeah. I almost forgot, there are two classes on my transcript I need to readdress but one doesn't seem to exist anymore and the requirements seem to be changed regarding the other...

Forgive me if you pass by me today and I seem to look confused.

Anyway, lemme shut the hell up and get my ass to her office so we can get this shit cleared up. Cause I REALLY don't wanna deal with Late Registration.

Damn! And it is raining...

At least my financial aid papers are filled out and submitted. I sure hope they don't give me these kinda problems...

5 comments:

Jazzy said...

awwwwwwwww your first day of school? I'z so proud of you!!!!! Seriously seriously proud.

Now...why aren't these courses offered on line?

MsKayotic said...

See, I feel your pain. I hated my advisor because they didn't know what I needed. I had to keep up with that myself. I wasn't an "A" student so they didn't bother.

I hope they get all your stuff worked out and make sure you let her know if she wants to be an advisor then she needs to learn to advise and not just be involved when you want to see her.

Rashan Jamal said...

What kinda bootleg adviser...

Just don't tell anyone you have a gun. I'm sure you wont be the only one packing. LOL

Good luck with registration.

Anonymous said...

Sending positive vibes your way.

Get a couple of new outfits for school. You'll probably be eager then. Or does that just work on kids?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Diva - Why they aren't online? I have no idea. I wish!

@ Kayos - I went in and got the general walk-in advising today. The cute sista that took care of me answered my questions.

@ Rashan - Don't think I ain't thought of that... And the advisor... Idaknow. You would think she would have had the thing ready by now... It has only been two years! I am going to finish registering as soon as I finish these comments and the update post...

@ Southern - I think that only works on kids... But I am gonna get a new backpack or messenger bag! That should do the trick!!!