Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On An Enjoy Today

That is right! I am on an enjoy today. Getting caught up on the reading I didn't do this weekend while I was gone! The sun is shining. The weather is pleasant. The tunes are kicking loud in my headphones!

"The first, the last, my everything!
And the answer to all my dreams!"


Congrats to Haremite Supreme, That Original Oldgirl, LadyLee for celebrating her 10th anniversary of being Dr. LadyLee!

"I got sunshine, on a cloudy day!
When it's cold outside, I got the month of May!"


The fools and their foolishness best not ruin this day for me. I see no reason for them to get me started because I see no good reason for me to BE started!

"I won't be neglected, I won't be denied.
The pleasure of your kisses, the pleasure of your smile."


It is said that you can pick your teeth, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family! Now that being said, how many people do you know who would be unloved orphans if you COULD pick your family?

"I wanna know...
Is it still good to ya!
Does it feel all right?
Is it still good to ya!
Will you prove it tonight?"

Why am I not mad that the Jamaicans seem to be handing the U.S. Track athletes their asses? I am a rabid homer most times. So whatever the home team is I am rooting like crazy. Well, except the Lions... But I can't be mad at them!

"Strangled by the wishes of pater
Hoping for the arms of mater
Get to me the sooner or later"


I think I spend too much time sitting at this dang computer. Because I find myself typing so much faster than usual that I have to stop and make sure I got it right.

"What's it gonna be?
Cause I can't pretend.
Don't you wanna be more than friends?"


Why is it that the good groups fade away and forever do concerts on their good old stuff. While the record companies constantly put out crap from crappy artists?

"That's right, pleased to meet you,
I still won't tell you my name.
Don't you believe in mystery,
don't you wanna play my game?"

They sure don't make them like that fine ass Vanity no more!

"We can make a million promises
But we still won't change
It isn't right to stay together
When we only bring each other pain"


Why am I still having a problem with Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon?

"Things are kinda hazy
And my head's all cloudy inside
Now I've heard talk of angels
But never thought I'd have one to call mine"


You know, the older I get, the easier it is for me to find the beauty in a woman. I guess evolution comes with seeing beyond the visual.

" How am I worthy of
Love from an angel
Princess superior of my soul"


I also think I need a good digital SLR and a guitar in my life.

9 comments:

LadyLee said...

Why thank you, Kind Sir. It is not only good to be Dr. LadyLee 10 years strong, but it feels good to be the Haremite in charge of kitchen duty in the fine palace of King 2nd 68...

And doggonit, with those lyrics, you got me looking forward to breaking out my IPOD while I get my hustle on back in the labs today!!

An "enjoy today" day. I gotta have one of those. Good term. We all need one of them here and there just to cut through this muck we call LIFE.

Shoot man, all you need is a quart of malt liquor, a fat joint, a rack of ribs and a naked wifey by your side, and you'd be SET!!!

LOL!!

Uh... enjoy yourself, mayne!!

Jazzy said...

I never understood what people saw in Vanity...she was so not fine to me...and she has dracula teeth - not hot! But whatever.

The Jamaicans are KILLING the track game...especially that Usain. Did he even break a sweat? Dude is bad...so sick of him being berated for showing off though. Phelps can splash water and hit his chest, but Usain does it and it's "disrespectful"...so not fair!

Record companies probably make a lot more money off these silly little one hit wonders. Groups like envogue are smart enough...talented enough...to ask for more. Unfortunately they are better off hitting the road.

Anonymous said...

I know some of those lyrics. See I do listen to another music besides Lil Wayne.

I'm not mad at the Jamaicans. They are doing it. Someone joked how the US can't win with being juiced up. Bolt runs like a car drives. I love his cocky tail.

I'm still not understanding Nick and Mariah. I don't get it.

Enjoy today day...I got to steal that.

RealHustla said...

You know, I really can't enjoy the Olympics like I used to. I keep saying to myself, "I wonder how long it's going to take for them to find out what drug he/she was on." I think M. Phelps is going to be the #1 perp.

nikki said...

LMAO@diva...i was thinking the same thing. those teefes on vanity are SCURRY.

that said, i still would have preferred her to apollonia in purple rain. apollonia was just CORNY. she had no sex appeal to me so i couldn't get why prince was feeling her.

i'm glad the jams are kicking the americans asses. my only hope is that we're not finding out afterwards that they're all on steroids.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Ladylee - Why I love having you off in the kitchen Doc!

Yeah. I liked doing that post. I may keep the format especially since I am under the headphones when I am blogging these days. Random thoughts that pop out here and there while I am reading or listening.

Now if that quart of malt liquor is three long neck beers, then I really like how you think!

@ Diva - I don't hate to disagree with you on this one because she was one walking wet dream if I ever did see one! Now I won't go and call her the pinnacle but she is plenty of good.

You know, I don't think he broke a sweat. Not really anyway! I don't know why they are all on him. He is a little flamboyant, but he don't have mouth diarrhea like Michael Johnson did!

You are so right on the music though.

@ Southern - Yeah, but the mental picture of you swinging from Weezy's jock is still giggle worthy!

Usually I hate on those who beat up on the home team. But they are cracking open cans of whoopass with regularity! And with style! Can't hate on that!

I guess I have a hard time seeing the two of them together because they seem SO different!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Hustla - I think he is gonna be okay. But yeah. After All-American Girl Marion Jones got caught up. Who really is above reproach?

@ Nikki - I like you hope that we don't get anymore back door gold medals either. You get the medal but not the podium and the celebration that goes with it. Got my fingers crossed for clean and just plain old fast!

I wouldn't mind them vampire teefs. I hear she is still pretty hot although a little heavier and Jesusfied.

Anonymous said...

Apollonia and Vanity would rank pretty high on my fantasy old school threesome list.

LMAO @ "@ Southern - Yeah, but the mental picture of you swinging from Weezy's jock is still giggle worthy!"

Some of them Jamaican chicks are straight butterfaces but those thighs and ass will have me singing my, my, my like Johnny Gill.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

LMAO @ My, my, my!

Yeah. Appolonia and Vanity did manage to hang on my walls back in the day. Some women just don't understand.

It is Ladylee's fault I got that mental picture!