Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Real New Year!

It is a New Year here in the west. In the east the Boar is quickly approaching the end. The Rat is fast approaching.

As you know, I made some revolutions last year (NOT resolutions) because they are more addendums to my life philosophy.

  • Get Wealthier
  • Get Healthier
  • Get Educated
  • Get Selfish
  • Get Closer
  • Get Distant
  • Get Mobile
  • Get Gone
  • Get Your Duty Done
  • And most of all DO whatever it takes to make a life better... YOURS!!!!!!
Last year I created this around the beginning of the year. My New Year's Revolutions if you will. No they ain't resolutions cause I don't do those! But revolutions because they are more of an addendum to my life philosophy. More revolutionary. Anyway, I repost them now in the space between the eastern and western new years because I did some examination. There was a strategic flaw in my plan. I see what it is now. It seems that one of those "Get" entries is more important than the rest. I failed to pay attention to that before.
Can you figure out which one it is? No? Can't get a little inspiration? No? Maybe you know what I didn't? No? Possibly... (sorry, too damn much Stewie).

Anyway, I am reengineering the year. It shall be retitled for the In Between (you know, the place between East and West). Where I am it shall not be 2008. Nor will it be The Year of the Rat. I christen this year!




The Year of the Selfish!!!!!!!


That's right baby. You heard me. It shall be all about me this campaign!!! Now before you get started on me, take a minute to look at two things. 1) This ain't a usual self centered rant because 2) look at the list above. How the hell am I gonna get with the "Get" list if I don't start thinking about me first? All this sacrificing for the greater good jazz doesn't get me no ends. Which means obviously no wealthy. Which means I can't drive my car which needs insurance, registration and maintenance. Oh and a LICENSED driver. So no mobile for me. Which means not so healthy since doctors and GOOD food cost! Which means not so much more educated since free school is waaayyy in my past! I am gonna get that damn degree ONE day! Getting gone ain't happened since I need to pay for the way and the destination! Getting closer and distant are very deep concepts that cover much and I won't touch on them in this post. Getting my duty done is about the only one that was covered last year to any satisfaction. Although not nearly enough for full satisfaction.

That all said, I need to get my ass up outta this house. I don't really belong here anymore. And get me a different job. I need one that pays my pocket instead of my soul. Others are gonna have to step up and work for their own. I can't be nobody's safety net no more, my ropes are fraying. Y'all betta get ya asses up before you end up on the damn ground. And I ain't picking ya ass up! I got me a bike to ride this year. And a lotta shit to do before I can get it!

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

So I've been chatting with you long enough to know where you are coming from, though at first I thought you were overdoing the Angry Black Man just a weeeeeee bit!

I think the last paragraph sums up all that really needs to happen so you can start checking off everything on the "get" list.

Craigslist.com my friend...hint hint

Beana said...

this year is all about me!


I like that.

Minerva Exertion said...

There's nothing wrong with being a little selfish. ;)

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Angry Black Man? Try Furious Black Man Dialed Down.
And overdoing? You can say that because you don't live with YOUR crazy sister!
But I see where you are coming from...

Craigslist huh?

I like it too AllOfYouJ's

IF there is something wrong with it Minerva, I will let you know this time next year!

The Addict said...

Hey...do you, my friend!

Jazzy said...

I wont even try to lie. I could not live with my sisters. Maybe my sister Neeka (if she didn't have the hubby and the kids), but the other two? SMH...just coudn't happen. I couldn't even imagine...

CHA CHA said...

Good luck with all dat....keep prayer first.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Sounds like a plan my man...
Sounds like a plan!!! :-)

Umm Ibrahim said...

just droppin in to say Hi. I thought you might enjoyhttp://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-smilepop-soapbox4.swf this

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yes Jac you are right. I did enjoy that very much. Almost as good as when I used to curse folk for sending me chain e-mails.