Friday, August 01, 2008

Flashback Friday: High School Skinny

This little Flashback Friday is about me. Back when. Back in the day. Back...

Back In The Day (Remix) - Ahmad Lewis




Now this first shot is of me being all "High School Skinny". Yeah, I know. I wasn't exactly skinny. But hey, haven't we all gained an ounce or three?

Now don't get into the 20 million questions about my steelo. Remember it was 1985. The decade that immediately followed the 1970's! Wow! that Adidas shirt was rather young! But it was descriptive because well... A.D.I.D.A.S. And it was my favorite shirt because of that... And yeah that was indeed a web belt. And I didn't shake the big ass glasses until much later! And I have absolutely NO idea why my right hand was perched where it was... Where is my damn time machine!?!?!



This next shot is of me and a few admirers. This was my high school graduation party.

And this was the same day as the picture above. So don't think that this was my favorite outfit or anything... I believe that we were looking at a gift or card that was brought by those to my immediate left in the picture (with heads...)
Bonus! The beauty to the immediate right is also known as Six! But don't tell nobody!!!!



I am sure you all recognize this as the REQUIRED pose if your parents were paying for the pictures! And mine were!

Yep. Me being all studious and such. I absolutely did not want to take this picture. Well I didn't mind taking the picture. I just didn't wanna have it take up valuable portraits in my package! I got outvoted 1 to 1. Hell, mothers have big votes! And she enlisted auntie and grandma and dad kinda help.
Just as well. What the hell do teenagers know about the world anyway?




I call this one "The World Is Mine". This is the one that took up the BIG picture in the package. And is sitting on mom's mantle as we speak!

This here was my favorite of all the pictures in the proof book. See. Look at him. All cheezin'. Thinking about scholarships and careers and such. Wondering why everyone wasn't looking and feeling as wonderful as he was! Ah the days...



This little number is entitled Swave and Deboner!

To quote Riley Freeman:
"That's right people. I know. Amazin' ain't it? So Young. So Young!"
Or to paraphrase Rick James:
He was only seventeen! Seventeen! But he was sexy!!!

You know looking at this I often wonder why the Ladies didn't Love Cool Lou?
But then I remembered the first pic on this post...


I was gonna end this post with another photo. One that shows me holding it down for my beloved Pilots in athletic competition! Tell you about me getting my Varsity Letter! But alas, I could not find it...
So I was gonna come up with a substitute.
  • I was gonna post one from a group shortly after I started college. But sorry, you don't get the bad haircut picture!
  • Maybe one from the beginning of the 90's. But I would have to talk smack about the nephews in the pic with me... Alas not!
  • Or another from that time. When me and The Wife were good friends and former co-conspirators. And the Girl Child would have been it too. VERY early in her life... But no.
  • I thought about posting the picture that my wife hates most in the world. But no use in ruining this post for her after all the goodness from above. (I better go shave now...)
  • Or I could have went with one of the ULTRA RARE photos of me on a dance floor (I am way too cool for that, until she pouts), but nope!
  • I even thought about posting a picture of my parents that was taken the day after my arrival on the planet. Show you all where this goodness comes from... But that would be sneaky. And dad still fights better than I do. Even with his bad back!
So I end this one picture short. But I cannot keep it in the drafts one day longer. So I press on.

By the way. I got my Varsity Letter doing the Backstroke! Y'all marinate on that...

20 comments:

Jazzy said...

Wow...so handsome...a real cutie pie!!!

Six is going to get you...I think I'm the only one who knows who she is though.

And you DO look like you could be Solange's baby daddy! That little boy looks just like the young you...let me find out...*side eye* lol

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Six will be alright. You really can't see her in the pic anyway. But not bad for somebody who was in her 70's back then huh?

Solange huh? I could be accused of a lot worse. But I ain't claiming that since I had no... uh.. "hand" in that... She is kinda cute for that chicken booty nose...

Beana said...

head noddin singing "back in the day..."

ok its official...I have retracted the light brite rule.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Quite the handsome young man aren't we??? :-)

Now about that 1st pic [LMAO]

Yea....That pose is sooooooo NOT the business.

The Dreamy One said...

awwwwwh you were such a cutie....

well you still are to me, but hey I will leave that alone

love the last pic,love it, love it,lol

have a wonderful weekend 68......

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Jaila Bean - Glad I could help!

@ Ms. B. - Yes indeed! If I do say so myself... Now about that pose... Hey a nikka was tired and caught mostly unawares.

BTW. No your e-mail was not too late. I shall use it for the next post...

@ Hugalicious - You have a wonderful one too!

LadyLee said...

Now, uh... do you STILL have that adidas shirt? That's all I want to know. LOL!!

Great pictures! Would love to see that dancing ont. LOL

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

No. I fear that adidas shirt is merely dust and faded memories!

RealHustla said...

I don't know what the ladies problems were. You were a cuttie. Maybe it was the swimming, did you shave your legs or something?

Uh, that first picture also reminded me of all those multicolored panty hose. Ugh.

Freaky Deaky said...

I remember those shirts well. I never had one (I don't why) but I remember them. LOL!

The only letters I'd get for swimming are R.I.P. after I drowned. Did you keep swimming through college?

Rashan Jamal said...

That's a dope Adidas shirt!

Your graduation pics are better than mine.

That required pose looks like an ad for the UNCF. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Dione said...

Great back in the day post!!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the first pic. My favorite is the last pic.

Queen of My Castle said...

This post was too cute. Cutie indeed. Don't ask me why I can't stop smiling. BTW...sooooo loving that old school song. Ah...memories.

The backstrokem eh? LOL

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ realhustla - Well. I was also dense as a California Redwood and prone to extreme shyness back then too. Whoo! Multicolored pantyhose! I am just glad that the biker short thing died out. Here I was wearing FUNCTIONAL ones while riding my bike and erebody else was making a fashion statement! Did get a lot of catcalls though...

@ Freaky - Nah. I didn't even do it in my senior year. At the time I claimed that I needed to concentrate on my academics for them scholarships and such. That of course was a waste of time...

@ Rashan - That was the "positive" version. I had another that was exactly opposite in color as that!
I got the same vibe from that pic the first time I saw it too! LOL

@ Dione - Thanks!

@ Mature Gal - Mr. Suave is much enamored at your visage in return.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Queen - I won't ask you why you are smiling so hard... But then again you know I am lying. Fess up!
Yeah. That song kinda kicked it back a bit didn't it. The post wouldn't have been the same without it.
Yep. The backstroke! And I got jokes right with you on that. Like...
"...and you got a back that could USE a good strokin'!"
or
"Yeah. I was one of those dudes who swam with the periscope up!"

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Hmm... I think I just had another post idea. If you see these pics again, just know that you were warned...

nikki said...

the first pic is funny. i like yella men and you were the cutie yella dude.

Eb the Celeb said...

hahahaha... gotta love the old skool pics!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Nikki - I ain't never had a problem with milk chocolate either!!! Still don't!!! Or caramel, or dark chocolate, or banilla, or banana, or peach, or pink (if she got a booty)...

@ Eb - You got some oldie but goodies? Which wouldn't be that old for you...