Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's On My Mind: The Review

For those who took my little pop quiz on Sunday, the answer was "I am thinking about learning to play the guitar!" Congratulations to Thoughts Of A Southern Gal for getting the answer! For those who missed it, for shame! I mentioned it in passing on Sunday! (I see who REALLY reads up in here... Just messin' with y'all!)

The Get List is a general guideline for moving my life in a beneficial direction. One of the specific items under Get Educated and hence Get Wealthier and also Do whatever it takes to make a life better, is to learn to read music and play an instrument or three. The guitar has been calling me the hardest. More specifically the electric guitar. Which of course fits in with my bad boy image of The Biker Dude. Cause riding out with an electric guitar strapped to your back looks MUCH cooler than having a saxophone or a piano strapped on. Don't believe me? Do the mental images yourself...

Besides that looks like a bunch of fun to me. Chilling at the Promenade behind Cobo @ 2 dark thirty with a portable amp, the river and a nice breeze. Hmmm... Might have to get that scenario in place for next summer.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now where's my prize?

RealHustla said...

I've wanted to learn to play guitar for a while but the lessons are just so expensive. Oh well. I tried to teach myself but after I ended up with a few calloused fingers and still didn't sound any better I gave up.

nikki said...

all i know is when terrence howard played the guitar in 'the best man' my coochie clinched. then again, he DID have alot to work with. not like he was butt ugly and the guitar turned him into fioness. that guitar enhanced the beauty of that man.

so why you wanna learn guitar? i thought guys learned instruments to get pussy.

Rashan Jamal said...

you should learn to play the bass so you can make those "its so funky I have to contort my face" looks. LOL

TDJ said...

Good luck with the guitar. I've heard it's tough.

The Dreamy One said...

im looking forward to you playing something beautiful for me one day.

The Dreamy One said...

ohhh yeah and i will do a little dance for you,lol

MsKayotic said...

I totally missed it. Sorry I couldn't come by. The weekends I work so I'm out tha loop come Friday.

When I saw Computer Blue...had to be the guitar. I love his guitar solo. Prince is genius when it comes to musical instruments.

I wish you all the luck in the world learning to play. Stay steadfast in your dreams. Always keep the faith.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Mz. Mature Gal - What would you be wanting as a prize? But I am sure I got it somewhere around here...

@ The Real - I am gonna back into it one way or another. If I end up like you, I will just tell folk I am inventing some new shit and roll with that!

@ Nikki - Um... er... You asked why right? Um... right... Well let's just say it was something I meant to do earlier but didn't. Maybe to get some too... And you like the bright right?

@ Rashan - I was thinking of transitioning into that too. Maybe... But I like the way you think!

@ TDJ - HOLD UP! I had to click the profile to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me! So how is Pork Chops and Gravy? How is ya lawn? Cousin bricks?

@ Dreamy - I will have to learn something beautiful just because you asked. Just don't get mad if you ask for another and I start to rock out and play Bambi!

@ Creamy - That's my girl!

@ Kayos - I will have to drop a guess me game somewhere in the midst of the weekdays for you then! I shall keep my eyes on the prizes. I feel better just because I have decided to move forward on getting them. I like feeling better!

Jazzy said...

Good luck with the guitar lessons. I had a few when I was a kid...hurts the fingers. me no likey!

Should be lots of fun for you and that bad boy image though!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yeah!!!!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Awwwww see...I knew that!! LOL

Not so Anonymous said...

Ooooh...I've been wanting to learn for the past 3 years, but I kept putting it off. My 10-year daughter and I are starting lessons next month. We can compare notes.

By the way, this is my fist visit..I like and I'll be back.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Ms. B. - Yeah. But you late! Whyyyyy you late?

@ Aretha - Good luck with the lessons.

Welcome and do come back! Just make sure you are prepared for the madness...

The Addict said...

The gituar?? Nice...rock on my friend!