Friday, August 22, 2008

Tha Good Good?

I was recently asked to watch a video and give a reaction. This particular video is Good Good by Ashanti.

At first glance I decided I could actually like Ashanti. The imagery in the video spoke to what the Good Good really is. It did so in a somewhat silly manner, but it did so. And that got me to thinking about my own stance on Untested Pussy. Basically that all pussy is good pussy and if you gonna brag on yours being superior, then I am gonna call bullshit on that unless you prove otherwise.

This of course begs the question. Is this song gonna turn into an anthem for the chickenheads who don't understand that keeping a man goes outside the Paradise Triangle? I am all for confidence in that gold you sitting on. But hell, let's be honest, they are all golden to men! So if you gonna use good as an adjective and a noun, you better have something else on the table.

That said, I can see this song becoming popular with a few types of women.
Dumb Chicks - These are the ones that think popping the coochie is way to a man's heart, wallet, car, crib, etc. They are dumb of course because of well, other Dumb Chicks! Y'all know y'all done seen some pussy popping contests over a man, just to prove a point! So you can see how this might go over!

Somewhat Dumb Chicks - These are the ones who know how to do the maintenance on a man but think their shit is so damn good that they can use it to control a dude! You done met this type. They can be June Cleaver all the day long. But they only break out the Vanessa Del Rio when it is to their advantage. Or even worse, try to use the promise of some trim to keep a dude in line. These are also the ones likely to cry to get their way.

Real Women - These are the ones that know it takes large portions of Vanessa Del Rio and June Cleaver to make the for real Good Good! Hell we men are simple. If a meal is cooked and hot on the stove, do you honestly think we are gonna wanna go to the nearest Old Country Buffet? Hellz No!

For those not in the know, the formula generally goes like this.
Happy man = Food in the fridge and/or on the stove, A big ass TV, Sports for the big ass TV, Beer! And most important "All you can eat" pussy. All found at the crib.

A man that is hungry, hard, unaware of the scores and not beer mellowed is a man that leaves the house.

I suspect that there is one class of woman who will only shake her head at that song/video.
The Fareal Real Woman - This is the one who is half Vanessa Del Rio, one fourth June Cleaver and one fourth Claire Huxtable! These women already know what is up and are confident enough not to need to brag that they have the Good Good. Cause we already know she got it!

The above is a line of thinking related to The Grandfather Clause (A Bullshit Theory)

13 comments:

dejanae said...

so that's the formula huh?
good to know

MsKayotic said...

I love your thinking. It's good to read something honest and refreshing.

As for Ashanti's continued attempt to try and make good music...I've been saying all along that she's only good for singing hooks if that.

You wanna hear some more bullshit just because, check out that song Give Me (or you) the Bizness. I ran across that on the radio and I was SMDH trying to figure out if these young children even know what it means.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Dejanae - Well MOST of the formula. In your case smiling adds to pretty and in turn adds to comfort which adds to well being. Oh and eye contact! Yeah! That too!

@ Kayos - So she IS good for something? Okay, I will give it to her for the hooks... You right.

GMTB? Sounds nasty! I sometimes wonder if they do know. And I often think that is exactly what they know.

Minerva Exertion said...

I remember a dude once told me that a man needs the Five S's to stay at home: Supper, Sports, Sleep, Solace and Support.

Ashanti SUCKS!

LadyLee said...

Yep, that's gonna be a chickenhead anthem. Really is!!

And everyone thinks their gold is the bomb! We all think that!

Good take on it, though. Definitely good to hear a man's take on it all!

Anonymous said...

My cousin and I got to arguing about this song. She falls in the dumb chick category. My agrument was it takes more than having "good good" to keep a man. I told her while she's being delusional, her man is probably up under some trick. She didn't like that. This song along with "He's Mine"(remember that song?) are chickenhead anthems.

I hate that song Give Me The Bizness.

Jazzy said...

There is no formula to keep a cheating man at home. You can have the "good good", the "Five S's" (as Minnie mentioned)...you can be as perfect a woman/wife as can be. If he wants to cheat...he will. Cheaters usually pick compatible mates though...the ones willing to turn a blind eye.

I'm not an Ashanti fan, and the song/video is too silly for me.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard any of the songs mentioned with the exception of He's Mine. If Ashanti does a song the best case scenario is that it becomes a chickenhead anthem. She sucks.

I don't think sex will ever be enough to keep a man for the simple reason that there will always be someone hotter and who puts it down better than the current chick. Something deeper has to be attained like a genuine connection.

Enchantress said...

Stopping by (way to break it down).;)

RealHustla said...

BD2: If you had a sports package on your tv then I would probably come over here more.
Me: Well, I don't, so I guess this means you need to get the hell out of my house to go find your sports.

Ladynay said...

Now I gotta find this song

Rashan Jamal said...

Do you know any women that like Ashanti? I don't know what it is about her, but they hate her.

I haven't seen the video..but if she's bragging about the good good, that sure aint enough to keep most men. Might keep him for awhile, but after that gonna need some substance.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Minnie - Only five huh?

@ Ladylee - Yeah. SMDH...

@ Bootydo Gal - You mean He's Mine, you may have had him once, but I got him all the time? Definitely! LMAO @ up under some trick. He getting the deluxe service!

@ Diva - Yeah. But we ain't necessarily talking about those predisposed to cheat. Just in general. Some muhfuggas is just broke that way...

@ Freaky - Yep. That is the thing that some of them just don't understand.

@ Enchantress - You must come by and be enchanting more often!

@ The Real - What? No sports package? Not even a catcher's mitt in the bedroom?

@ Ladynay - I am sure you found it on YouTube by now...

@ Rashan - Yep. That booty only thing only attracts boys who won't stay anyway. A man needs a woman not just a living sex doll.