Monday, June 02, 2008

Winning, Losing And Guilt By Association.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Lord Stanley shall make his triumphant return to the D! Tonight!!!! (Said Bernie Mac style...)

They have a chance of wrapping it up tonight at The Joe! If they do it will be totally off the chain up in these parts! I might even be tempted to pump the tires on my bike and ride downtownward. I am sure I can find some (or many) random white folk who got beer and are only in too much of a party mood to share. Then again, I never rode drunk so that may be a less than ideal plan.

The Celtics and Lakers are in the NBA Finals. Can I be anymore underwhelmed? I am still trying to get over the heartbreaking disappointment of my cheering being over for this season while the season is still in progress. AND to have two traditional enemies still standing is too much to take!!! I mean I ain't got nobody to root for! The Hornets were to be my backup in case the Pistons didn't do their jobs. So much for backup plans.

I told Diva that I might consider rooting for the Celtics with her. But who the hell am I fooling? I gotta keep it real. I could never root for the Lakers, Celtics or Bulls. Why? They are the enemy of course! They are the hated of hardwood. They are so hated that I can't even root for teams from L.A., Boston or Chicago because they play in the same damn cities!!!! So what you won't see is me rooting for Dodgers, Clippers, Sparks, Kings, Galaxy, Breakers, Red Sox, Patriots, Revolution, Militia, Cubs, White Sox, Bears, Sky, Fire or Force. And any others that I may have forgotten on this list.

For that matter, Denver and Dallas made the list for the Avalanche and the Stars. And Cleveland for baseball. So the list also includes: Rockies, Nuggets, Broncos, Rapids, Mavericks, Cowboys, Burn, Diamonds. OOPS forgot the Browns, Cavaliers, Gladiators, and the City Stars.

Okay, Fuck the Spurs too and by association: Silver Stars. The only reason the WNBA teams make the list is because of their cities. Notice none of them made the enemies list themselves, I loves the ladies you know...

Now I know you guys are saying, What about the football enemies list? Well... As you know, the Lions bite ass and everybody would make the list. But the Cowboys do deserve special mention, just because. And the Demolition (women's full contact football, IWFL) is one of the most dominating teams in sports today so I can only feel sorry for most of their opponents...

And again...
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Lemme get my hat right now...

6 comments:

The Addict said...

A true fan indeed! Someone who supports his teams no matter what. I like that out of you.

There are so many "band wagon" fans these days. Living on the east coast and currently in New England, you should see it. It's like a cult around here. Especially for the Celtics. Plenty of folks who have been giving Doc Rivers sh*t all season are now "going green". Whatever man...

As a sports fan and an employee of the World Wide Leader in sports, I love that you are keeping it real!

Rashan Jamal said...

I hate Indiana, Chicago, San Antonio, Houston and Miami Heat for beating the Knicks when they were still good.

I hate Reggie Miller with a fiery passion for those 8 points in 8 seconds.

I hate Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Bj Armstrong, hell, even Craig Hodges for all them years of Knick killing.

But most of all... I hate Isiah Thomas for being the enemy within.

New York Knicks - Playoffs sometime before I die. LOL

Jazzy said...

Definitely co-sign Rah on Reggie Miller...to this day I still hate that skinny knee grow for getting a three at the buzzer ALL THE DAMN TIME...just when it mattered the most! I hate his sister too...just because!

The Knicks...I think the team is cursed...but I'm hoping next year is that year. Hoping...

Freaky Deaky said...

I feel you. I can't stand the Celtics or the Lakers. If I had to root for one I'd go with the celtics only because Laker fans are more obnoxious and it would hurt them more to lose.

I actually watched all three overtimes last night. It hurt that the Red Wings lost but I'm sure the parade is already being planned when we club the Penguins on their home turf and take the Cup back where it belongs.

I heard Kitna is guaranteeing 10 wins again this coming season. I don't think the Lions are going to get much better as long as Millen is there and the Ford family owns them. I really want them to prove me wrong but...

Anonymous said...

We don't have any professional teams in the state of Arkansas so that gives me a right to jump on the bandwagon. LOL

I've never been a fan of the Knicks, Lakers, Boston, or San Antonio. I had to choose the lesser of two evils to root for someone in the Finals. I chose the Lakers b/c this is Kobe's year. He's determine to get that ring withoug Shaq.

Always been a fan of the Hawks, Bulls. Only became a fan of the Pistons in 2000. I couldn't stand them during the "Bad Boys" days.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ The Addict - Oh yeah. A homer through and through. I even try with the Lions even though the last two things interesting about them were Billy Sims and Barry Sanders.

@ Rashan Jamal - The Knicks when they were good... You got a long memory... Come on, you can't hate on Reggie for making one of the best highlight sequences of all time. Cause if you do then I gotta resurrect my hate for the Knicks and Bernard King keeping the Pistons outta the playoffs way back when... Nah, you can hate on Quark all you want. Just hide your latinum...
But I will (almost) take exception to you hating on one of the beloved Bad Boys! Excuse me, the Captain of the beloved Bad Boys! Although I really do understand your anger. Okay, you are forgiven. You have suffered enough...And you reminded me to hate on Miami too.

@ Opinionated Diva - Dang. Cheryl too? Oh, wait... Sorry, reread the title of my post. Carry on.

@ Freaky Deaky - Hmm... You're right. The Laker Fans ARE more obnoxious. Although the guy who sits up in the cheap seats is okay... Tonight is the night. The best American hockey team on the planet!!!!
Did you say Kitna and 10 wins? He gotta be Kitna himself. Did Peyton Manning have off season surgery and he is now starting in Indy?

@ Thoughts Of A Southern Gal - I met my wife's Arkansas family. You can jump on whichever bandwagon your little country heart desires... Although you almost blasphemed a couple of times. showing love for Kobe and the Bulls AND hating on the Bad Boys! But since you did show one of my teams some love I will let you stay on the bandwagon.