Sunday, June 15, 2008

Post 250!!!!

As you all know, every 50 posts or so... I gotta do something a little different. Even for me different. I was gonna post my favorite picture in the whole wide world. But I need permission to post that one. We will see what she says...

So this one is an opinion poll of sorts. Or three. I got questions in three categories for ya.

Blog layout, posts and avatars.


1. Blog Layout - I been considering a defection of sorts. But I feel that I can't quite achieve a look that I really like. At least not for free... So I may change up after I get my own domain and all that crap... But punch the links and let me know what you think...
The Tester
The (possible) New Version.

2. Posts - Your opinion here does count! (for something...) So I am curious to see what you think would be good material for me. Now keep in mind, I am an artist! And I am sensitive about my shit... And this is a test for you. I will tell you why later. Yeah, homework! Who knew!

3. Avatars - I have been trying to find a new image of me to attach to my profile and comments. I may even change the next one to a Gravatar and it shall follow me everywhere (I think...) Iam leaning heavily in one direction but I would like some input. Although the list can still change at any time...

The contestants!!!

Tha Glare! - This is of course the current one. Mysterious and looking on the verge of a rant!

Commando 1 - When the guys in the white suits were the good guys!
Commando 2 - The above with a little less zoom!
TSSE and the Likka Basket - Winner for the second year in a row by the way! That be the arm of my lovely chocolate hunnie that I am leaned on!
Cheezin' pt. 1 - Same party as above. The only problem is that these are not the hands of my lovely chocolate hunnie, nice as they are...

Cheezin' Pt. 2 - Me getting my Cheshire Cat on! Had to cut little cuzin' C off though...

Cheezin' pt. 3 - Grinning at the reunion action in the ATL last year. Why is it that all of the good pictures of me have me hugged up with somebody? This time with lil' cuzin' CavMan. Hope THIS damn deployment to Iraq is just as uneventful as the last two (three? I lose count...)

The Biker In Me - You may remember this look from last year. One of the shots that I considered for Post 100!

The bonus:

Me Being Old School - Literally... Cause that school ain't even there anymore. Me at 8! And if I hear any giggles I WILL have to come and cut ya!
And for those of you who are curious. This IS what the smartest lil' muthafukka in the whole damn school looks like! (So that is what I looked like before I went blind as hell...)

Well. That does it for the first 250 posts! Lemme know what y'all think. I do have a favorite. And one The Wife already put on reject. Okay, TWO she put on reject...

16 comments:

Jazzy said...

Sorry...I giggled @ that last pic...so cute! Now is this when you were cutting school for a half day to come home and watch cartoons? lol

1 - blog layout...you sneaky little blogger deserter!!! Going to wordpress too huh? I like choice number one best.

2 - I get a kick out of most of the stuff you post...particularly when you give your very dyssturbed spin on things going on around the way or in the news.

3 - So many pics...so hard to choose. My fave is the biker pic...but that's not the one I remember seeing.

Ladynay said...

I like the possible New Version for the template.

Don't really know 'bout the post.

My fav pic is the biker joint which makes me think I've stumbled across your blog b4 cuz I swear I've seen this already with a few other biker pix. My second would be the one above it, it looks mature.

The Addict said...

Here it is:

~Have to go with ladynay and support layout #2.

~I think you post on a variety of topics as is. Keep doing your thing.

~Love the biker pic, but also like "cheesin #3". You've got a nice smile my friend!

Rock on.

Tafari said...

I like option 1 on the blog layouts the best. It seems cleaner. BUt you might not want my opinion, I have had the same look for 3 years.

I say go for the old school avatar!!!

Bygbaby

LadyLee said...

Shorty, I finished that IPOD post FINALLY. And you better read it (it is long as all get out, just to piss you off! LOL!)

Okay as for them questions:

1. I like the new possible version. Choose whatever you like. DO YOU!!

2. Man, DO YOU!!! Whatever you post, DO YOU!! Wait a minute, are you on some comment whoredom life quest??? Well... you know how I feel about that, but only for myself. DO YOU!!

3. Do YOU!!! Don't matter what pic you put up. Put up the one you like. DO YOU!!!

GEEEEEEEZ!!! Don't get me started, mayne.

In other words. Do you.

And congrats on post 250! Looking forward to more, more, more!!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Diva - Okay. I won't cut ya since ya thought it was cute whilst giggling. Maybe I should have drawn the line at guffawing...
If I am counting backwards right. This was either at the end of the fourth or early in the fifth grade. Which means that you are likely right if this was a fifth grade pic.

Who? Me? Sneaky? Maybe... Not quite a deserter yet. Of course if I can find a layout I am happy with (probably by paying so I can modify the XML on one of those...) I may start over there. Right now Blogger offers more customization. For now I will continue to import this one over on occasion. Just to keep it updated.

I am honored that you enjoy my current madness as is...

That wasn't the same pic. The one you saw was me looking into the camera with the background still intact.

@ Ladynay - I did a similar picture on Post 100. That one I was looking at the camera sitting on the steps. You may have been by before...

@ The Addict - Why thank you on the smile!

@ Bygbaby - Hmm... Old school huh?

@ Ladylee - Okay! I get it! I shall continue to do me. And I will be by straight away to see how your meme came out. Just as soon as I click this button...

Freaky Deaky said...

I like the 1st (the tester) layout better.

Definitely want to hear about the kidnapping. Otherwise I don't have a clue.

You're probably going to lose some details if you switch to gravatar and have to shrink it down but I'd go with the biker pic.

Minerva Exertion said...

I like the first layout best.

I like your cheesin' pt. 3 pic like the smile and the pic is sweet and simple.

I am a huge fan of your blog so no matter what you write about, I'll be readin'.

Queen of My Castle said...

I like the second layout and the Cheezin Part 3.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

I like the second layout and the biker pic...

[Maybe I just joined in a little later than everybody else but I never saw that one before.]

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Freaky - I put a blurb about that story in my drafts. It should show up sometime soon.

@ Minnie - Why thank you love. You know I am putting an A.P.B. out for your Mojojojo. So if you see any version of the dude in the pics, attached to a pit bull, don't wonder what is going on... And you still ain't explained the green side eye.

@ Queenie - You cheezin' pretty good yourself there!

@ Ms. B. - That one was one of the series of shots that I took for post 100. That post was somewhat historic because it was the first time I actually posted a photo (not linked) on my blog. And the only time (before this post) that I let more than my eyes be seen. It was my gift to my 3.5691 readers... Yeah, I said three point...

I actually have an idea of the picture I REALLY want but I need a camera...
And I have actually found my likely Wordpress theme. But that requires me to use the non free version...

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Okay. Seems that you guys have come to the conclusions that I have. The layout for the Wordpress version is already in the more popular layout. And that already is the avatar. Not saying that it won't change...

CapCity said...

Why 2nd 68, you're MUCH cuter than the old lecherous fart I took u for! LOL! u know i say that with luv;-).

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

LMAO!!! Yeah. I still got that young lecherous fart thing going! And thank you!
Select your favorite cheezin' picture as a response.
And don't think I forgot about that bikini! (see, that lecher never is far away...)

CapCity said...

Oh, How can i pick ONE picture of my Fave Lech? U such a CUTIE....& I mean NO disrespect to yo' woman! hmmm, if I HAVE to pick JUST one: Cheezin' pt. 2 = cuz it's just U! the other flick I like is really the likker basket that makes my mouth water! LOL! yes, I'm a lush-ious sistah;-).

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You should have seen the one the year before! It had a gallon of Martell in the middle. And we missed winning the year after that by ONE number in the raffle! ONE dang ticket!!!

I ain't mad at you being lushious. What is your poison of choice? May have to crack a bottle of White Merlot or a touch or Remy.

Yeah, I was getting my cheezin' on in that one wasn't I?