Friday, June 29, 2007

Random Rants, Raves And Other Things.

I am now less than 10 posts from #100! And I am hooked! So, what do you guys think would be a good one? I was thinking about going completely off character for this blog and posting a picture of me. Maybe. Depends on if I can pull the theme together. Lemme know what you think.

I now know that Hip Hop has ruined a generation. I may take some heat for saying this but... I don't understand the purpose of wearing clothes while trying to look like you aren't wearing them (saggin'). I do not undatstan why sistas fell into the whole low-rise jeans trap when they know good and well them things only work out if you have no ass. How the hell did 20 inch rims on a 20 year old car become the new fashion in automobile couture. Why dudes spend $500 on a car to get them somewhere and $1000 on sounds so everyone else can hear them arrive? And why do they get mad when they need a damn jump every other day? Or why get mad when the jalopy with the concert sounds decides not to leave the space it is parked in? Where the concept of something being "young" cropped up. In my day "young" was the way clothes were supposed to fit! Exactly when did the girls become the sexual predators and the boy become the prey? And when did cussin' down the entire block become an accepted practice for a 10 year old? Or for that matter dissin' adults with regularity? How is it that the biggest recording artists are the ones that glorify gangs or drugs or misogyny or crime or excessively wasteful spending?

Damn! I done got sleepy. Now I don't remember the rest of what I was gonna say... Ah well. I will come back to me and you will be the first to know about it.

3 comments:

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Hmmm...I can't really give any pointers on what your 100th post should be focused on **since I'm not nearly as close and I'm already struggling for ideas myself** LOL.

If it has any of the humour your other posts do then I'm sure it'll be great one way or another :-D

I'm with you on noticing that these lil' @ss kids is getting more and more outta control. I'm starting to entertain thoughts of runnin' up on some of them and beating holy hell out of em' but shhhhh....you ain't hear that from me.

Shai said...

LOL. When I was a teenager here in Detroit in the 80's I remember guys filling their backseats of cars and trucks with speakers big enough for a club. SMH.

I can say that the sagging had gone on WAY too long it started when my daughter was a toddler now she almost 17. Geez. Most things fade but not that awful style.

Jazzy said...

This is on point and humorous too!

Congrats on practically being at 100!!!! Sheeeeeeeesh! Doesn't seem like it's been that long yet! lol

I have a love/hate relationship with hip hop.

I hate looking at brothas with saggy pants just as much as I hate seeing sistas in ultra low rise jeans with butt cleavage...yuck!

Kids are being raised by kids, so I'm not surprised at what ten year olds do anymore. These kids are being raised by the internet and cable TV.

lmao@you getting sleepy after writing this...you ole man you!