Sunday, June 24, 2007

Marvin. If I May Borrow...

Make Me Wanna Holler. Smack folk upside the head!

Why?? Well in THIS particular instance I was called by a lady from a headhunter. A headhunter being a contract house that specializes in finding labor for someone else. Think Kelly Services if you still ain't caught on.

Anyway. She calls and asks if I would be interested in a position in Raleigh, N.C. Interested? I believe my actual reaction was to get a stiffy! I been trying to get to Charlotte or Raleigh/Durham for a couple of years now! I have the skills necessary to do the job. The desire to relocate and all that. Ain't even asking the REAL market rate! After all this getting me excited about a paycheck in a city I WANT to work in, she drops the bomb on me. She tells me the the employer wants me to have worked on the primary skill in the last year! Now that really began to piss me off because 1) It ain't my fault I ain't used it in a few years. If I could hire my damn self then I would not have been looking for work in the first place! 2) These assholes act like Cobol has changed since I graduated high school oh 20-something years ago! Man, Unemployment discrimination! Who'da thought? Oh well. One more incident of being the "other" candidate!

Seems my genius (literally) is being wasted on others.

My wife may get her wish. I am gonna get me a big ass air conditioner and a big ass oven and bake cookies!!!! She can do the cakes! Sounds like a "sweet" gig!

7 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

I think I'd find a way to cop that position.

If you really want to make that jump...

deepnthought said...

I agree with the bb. I would find a way to get that. If for nothing else than to be close to my big mama and she can make you some of my nanas getitgotit soup.

JustMeWriting said...

yeah...I'm with the brown blogger on that...you've got to GO GET IT...don't take no for an answer...LOL. and if you've got the skills...starting a bakery would be fab...shoot be your own boss.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Hmmm... Your points are well said. That I will have to consider. There are a bunch of plusses and minuses involved in this one. Especially since the rate and who pays what are in question. Thanks for the advice!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Oh yeah. I got some skills with an oven. Cookies are no problem. Pizza dough has come along real nice. Gotta try my hand at some more yeast bread and pies. The wifey got the cakes.

Jazzy said...

Yeah Six...make it happen. You've already said it's what you want...so do it.

Plus you get away from the crazy relatives and you're closer to Deep's Nana. I'm dying to know about that daggon getitgotit soup!

Bananas said...

Hummm...how can I intelligently put this...

You got to bum rush that gig Dude. I figure you just lost the round - fight ain't over. Feel me?