Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stupid Is...

I swear these people are sapping my desire to interact with humanity.

I now have a new definition for the thing that I hate most.
My original:
Stupid: being dumb, retarded, idiotic or generally not having synapses fire ON PURPOSE!

The new one:
Stupid: young + dumb

An older one:
Stupid: being dumb as hell for no good damn reason!

I say this because:
I am the keeper of the treasury for mom. I became this person because she has trusted others to do things for her since she became disabled. Those others were not very respectful of her funds. So I was entrusted to guard the funds. So now they have to con her out of them to get at her stuff.

So, both nephews have something in the cooker today. Late last night she asks me to get some dough for gas so the older nephew can run errands for her. I tell her that I will gas him up the next day instead or robbing the ATM at midnight.

The younger nephew yells up my stairs and awakens me for the second time this morn. The first being when my sister rescheduled a visit by a caseworker from tomorrow morn at 10 to today at 9. Of course she didn't mention that to anyone. So the woman spent unnecessary time standing at the door in the hot sun knocking. And neither I nor mom were awake at the time. Hence the need for the "older" definition above.

As I said, the second time was because my younger nephew was trying to awaken me out of a sound sleep where I awoke feeling somewhat less than stellar. So it took me a few. Still recovering in fact. I finally make it down the steps. I make coffee. Somehow the older nephew walks right past me and goes to yell up the stairs. Getting no response, he walks back to the kitchen. He notices me sitting with mom in my usual coffee drinking place. He says "Oh, you already down here" and walks off. So a few minutes later I go check the status of the brew. I notice him sitting in the chair with his usual evil ass face on. I go in the room to mess with him in my usual fruitless pursuit of being nice to folk with problems. I make an off handed joke about how the screen saver he is staring at is "gripping". No response. So the convo went like this after that...
"What is wrong?" (dumb ass me, for giving a damn and asking...)
"I'm late" (his evil ass)
"Late? For what? And why are you sitting in that chair?"
"Well, I am gonna be late. I might as well say I am late already."
"Why?"
"I need to go to the gas station so I can go take Swole (the baby momma) to the doctor"
"Ah" (understanding dawns as he is pissed because he been waiting on me)
"If you are in a hurry why the hell didn't you say anything?"
:: crickets ::
"Well don't you think you should be getting up outta that chair and getting on your way?" said whilst waving the $20 spot I had in his face.
He takes it and still looks evil.
"You ain't that serious about not being late still sitting in that damn chair! And how the hell am I supposed to know you got plans if you don't say shit to me? This could have been done if I had known what was up"
Especially since I was about to get his ass up so I could be back in time for coffee time. But his way fucks up the program and the cheddar gets distributed wrong...
"And Granny needs XYZ, could you cop that while you are out and about?"
"Is this ($20) for that and the gas? I gotta go way over to Greenfield and then to Highland Park!"
"Nehmind, I will get it later myself!"

So folk, if I don't have anything nice to say about these folks, don't wonder why. This ain't the first time I had this conversation with him. Or the one about the unwanted sharing of the entertainment with both of them. Or any conversation that I didn't regret having with my sister.

I may make the news yet!

10 comments:

nikki said...

dude, you should be like "yeah, that money goes to BOTH. NOW WHAT?"

cuz really, you giving that cat the easy way out. make him do his damn part.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the blog harem can raise some bail money for the day we see you on the news.

Has Swole had the baby or is she pregnant? Either way, how the hell can he take care of the baby if he can't put gas in the car?

nikki said...

LMAO@southern...and THAT ain't nuthin but the TRUF.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Nikki - It wasn't worth the aggravation to continue the conversation. Besides he is likely gonna have to drive me anyway. I was just trying to save his ass some trouble. I have my ways of getting back! That and I can get what I need instead of hoping he will bring the right stuff!

@ Southern - It warms my heart to know you got my back and especially bail money! I might stop messing with you for being so young and start sexually harassing you!

She ain't had it yet! The funny part is that he thinks she is lazy and immature herself! My poor great-nephew! I wonder that myself though. The Wife got him a butter hookup and he didn't wanna do that too much so she is pretty much done with him. I don't blame her.

Luke Cage said...

What is wrong?" (dumb ass me, for giving a damn and asking...)

Mannn, I've been there before. Wishing that my dumb ass hadn't posed that question. Because it's all down hill from there my friend. But dammit, I was laughing all through that rant up to the crickets!

But stay away from the light. We can't have any more of our fam making the news!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ The Power Man - I sometimes wish I could just put on ya old style outfit with the silk shirt and the chain, and send a random muhfugga through a wall! And you see why.

Queen of My Castle said...

No, we don't want you to make the news. Gosh, this reminds me of dealing with my ignorant ass ex-hubby. Hindsight truly is 20/20. Ignorance is like a f*cking disease I swear, but the carriers are oblivious to the fact that they have the ish.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yeah. That disease makes you blind to your own shit apparently.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

With some of the madness I got goin' on in my world, I wouldn't be surprised if you and I make the news together. [LOL]

Family *SIGH* You gotta love em'
[OR SO, IT IS SAID!!!]

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Shidddd. Do we need to have a confab and plan some Bonnie and Clyde shyt? Might as well make the national news!