Monday, July 28, 2008

Fuck You Debil!!!

It is said that The Devil is a contestant in a long drawn out war for souls.

His weapon, among others, is to seduce and divert through free will.

He is a formidable opponent to be sure.

I think that he spends more effort trying to corrupt those who are less likely to join him in his kingdom. Because those who are more prone to join or have already given in need less of a nudge.

Lately things have been a bit more challenging in general. The old saying goes "Money is the root of all evil". Well, folk are having some trouble getting to those roots nowadays. So the potential for the money chase is causing many more opportunities for strife and chaos. Even the most devout are noticing their faith being challenged.

A recent exchange with another blogger discussed some of our challenges. The words "no matter how bad you think you got it, there is always someone struggling harder than you" were uttered. And also words of thankfulness that things aren't worse for either of us.

So, I feel honored that Mr. Devil thinks that my soul is worth so much that he spends this much time trying. But ultimately he will fail. I stand determined. These trials will not break me. I still stand! The harder you try to get me, the more I know I am doing right!

16 comments:

Dreamy said...

wow, that was wonderful sir!!!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one

so perfectly said!!!!

Thanks sir!!!!

ohhhh and by the way i am first again,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Miss Snarky Pants said...

:-) Now THAT's the spirit!!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Why thank you both...

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you sir.

nikki said...

damn skippy, sir. damn skippy...

Anonymous said...

So true. I needed to read this.

Get thee behind me satan.

LadyLee said...

Let the chuuuuch say... AMEN.

You told the truth there, bruh.

We were just talking about this during my monthly finance [support] group meeting, right before we all clasped hands and prayed over our stresses.

You must've been a fly on the wall or something that day.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yep
Yep
Double Yep
And I wish I was a fly... Okay a COOLER bug on the wall. I need to hand around folk who know what savings are...

Tom_Gurl said...

That's right-no matter how the Devil may try, he will not win!!

This post was too true!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

That's right Brother...stand on your faith...in the name of Jesus!!!!.....

Jazzy said...

Ok you scaring me with the devil talk and that super imposed image of the "glare"...side eye! lol

Seriously though...you are too good of a person to allow the devil to take up space on your mind...continue to stand determined homie!

It's mid year...how is that list of yours coming along?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Y'all see what I am sayin'!

You know you like me staring back at you behind the words! Although that combination is rather funny.

The list. The duty is done on a daily basis as best I can. Varying degrees of success and failure on the others. Progress is incremental, but a big change may be in the works. How good it is won't be known for a while after it happens, if it happens.

Jazzy said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh you so cryptic in that last paragraph!!! No fair...you know I'm nosy!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I know. But I can't really say at this point. And don't try to read anything into it either. I don't want you to hurt your brain. But it basically involves yet another Binary Choice...

Anonymous said...

I mean what the hell is going on? Blog wars, blog beef? uh am I gonna have to call you mister?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yeah. Hell. That is what is going on! But there ain't no blog beef or nothing like that. We talking about the real Debil!