Monday, July 14, 2008

Kidz Izz Funnee!

Okay, this one is good.

The kids decided to have a three way Geekfest. So Saturday was a day out for me. Because The Wife is HORRIBLE at driving to unfamiliar places and is stubborn to the point of not learning places just because she don't wanna go there, ever. Like on the East Side. So of course since she was driving, she comes to grab her favorite GPS device. Me! And off we go. Had a little lunch while waiting on the third child in the outing to meet up, my big little cousin The Geekmaster. He rode the bus to the spot. And we located him right around the time we finished eating. Turns out he arrived early and stared the Geekfest without the other two. He was already reading and belatedly noticed a text that was asking his whereabouts.

The Boy, The Girl and The Geekmaster went to Barnes and Noble and hung out in the Anime section until they got booted out at closing time. Then they strolled over to the library for the same until that closed. Then they came to the crib and gathered around the computer and watched various episodes of different animated series. The Geekfest went on until about an hour or two after midnight.

During the drive across town they talked about all geeky things anime, hentai and manga and whatever else Japanese and cartoony. Then the discussion turned to The Boondocks. We were all fans and had a rolling quote fest. When suddenly, I spied with a disbelieving eye, THIS place...

go ahead and click the link, I will wait...

Okay, so the conversation went like this...
TSSE: Oh hail naw!!!
The Wife: What?
TSSE: The Male Box?
The Wife: Where
TSSE: Ova There --->

The adults start giggling uncontrollably at the sheer blatancy of it all.

The Wife: I wonder if Charles Pugh is in there...
The Girl: OH! starts laffin'

At this point the two boys are completely bewildered.

The Boy and The Geekmaster: WHAT?
TSSE: The M-A-L-E Box?
The Wife: You know with the male symbol on the sign?
The Girl: Uh hello! Charles Pugh?
Now the car falls into quiet giggles from three of us. You can positively hear and smell the synapses burning, three seconds pass, when suddenly:
The Boy and The Geekmaster: OOOOOOOhhhhhh!!!! Uhhhggghhhh!!!!
The Boy: That's a gay bar?
TSSE: The M-A-L-E Box? Where would you put your money on that bet?

Now the whole car is DYING LAFFING!
TSSE: Dang! Y'all slow!
The Girl: Could you see their faces if they just strolled up in there as dumb as they are now? (sisters are so mean!)
The Wife: (between guffaws) Y'all stop it, I can't drive like this!
The Boy: Uh, No thanks!
The Geekmaster: I was like, did they just say? Charles Pugh... Is that a?

Needless to say, their thickness provided us with many more minutes of fun at their expense. Especially from The Girl!

For those not in the know read about Charles Pugh. Yeah he graduated from the same ghetto ass high school as I did! I am proud of him! Even if he put somebody else's interview on TV that night that my back made the evening news!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a little slow too. I'll just blame it on the wine I'm drinking.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You drinking. But you ain't SHARING!

Dreamy said...

you and the fam are a mess,lol

i aint gonna lie Southern Gal, i was lost a little bit and hell i aint even drinking any wine,lol

i was trying to figure out for the life of me who was Chris Pugh or however you spell his name

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You not drinking any wine tonight!
I edited the story after you read it. So there is a link to Charles at first mention to minimize the confusion... basically he is this tall bald black news anchor who never really was in the closet. And is known to hang in places where gays gather.

Jazzy said...

I clicked the link...so all the dudes...right then and there I knew it was a "hi you doooooooooin" kinda place!

Girls are so much smarter than boys! LMAO @ the boy and the Geekmaster!

Sounds like you and the fam had a nice day out.

Jazzy said...

so=saw

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yep. That site doesn't even hold you up. I was almost sorry I clicked a link or two!

The funny part is that I wish they would finish upgrading the site. The sign outside the club WAS kinda cool! I wanted you guys to see that! did I mention that there was some purple and magenta in the color scheme?