Friday, December 21, 2007

From The Voice Recorder...

This next post comes from the mind of an ill individual. Of course some of you would contend that it is my natural state. I won't argue the point. Could get quite embarrassing to be wrong and lose an argument that is supposed to prove you sane!

What follows are thoughts mumbled into a voice recorder by a man in a dark place.

It’s hard to be misunderstood, for the greater good
It’s easy to misunderstand, when you don’t understand what it is
In this case the greater good is what’s best for everybody else in the long run
Although it is really not best for me
Long run or short run
I sacrifice because, well, that’s what I do
For that greater good
I stick myself in the line of fire of resentment
from many
For various reasons
Because I promote that greater good
Over the desires of right now
The good for now versus the good for later
That overreaching thing that will bind everyone together is not what’s understood
It’s just what is now that is desired
It is what is now that’s only important to those I am in the line of fire of
At this point, I am not even sure that I understand what it’s worth is
I’m not really even sure if it is worth it
To me
Or to them
I stand in the breech, hoping to forestall an attack on those behind me
But they don’t understand
Or they don’t care
Or maybe it is just that I don’t understand
And they maybe do more than I do
Probably should just step on
Get out of the way
And find my own fate
Find my own understanding
Find my own way
Maybe the whole time, what I have been doing has been fruitless
And unworthy
Only time will tell for sure
But maybe it is time for me to stop
And find my own path
Again…

Of course, I blame the pharmaceuticals for this...

2 comments:

CHA CHA said...

betta leave them street Ahem* cough* errrr, drugs alone..LOL

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Really wish I could blame it on any pharmaceuticals.