Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Why I Blog: By Opinionated Diva and The Second Sixty-Eight

I started thinking about this after Opinionated Diva asked an extremely good question. Why do you blog? Since I seem to be something of an inspiration to her (and one of her favorite bloggers!!!!) I would do a sore disservice by not answering this myself. Not just a comment for me! No no no. I gotta post this one. Especially since her answer is so much like mine. So I decided to "borrow" her answer and apply a little "editorial license" to the mix. What you get is today's post. Which also explains the title...

The funny thing is that I didn't come to blogworld to blog myself. I'm nosy, so I loved reading other people's shit. I'm opinionated (and I don't always tone down my comments to not appear overly critical), so I created a blogger ID to let other people know what I thought about their posts. The first place I left a comment was here. Then I realized that you could click on everyone's name and see their page, and click on the names of the people who came to their page and so on and so on. I was hooked...still am to a degree.

I got started September of last year. A little case of phoneus interruptus kept me at bay for a while so I couldn't continue posting until March of this year. It started slowly and then I started getting harrassed by her (to this day she still harrasses me, but I love her anyway) to update my page, so I got with the program and did my thing. I was gonna be different! I was gonna post every day...some times twice a day - yeah effin right! LOL...I was so psyched! Well, okay, I did post damn near every day with as many as five posts at a time. No wonder why some of you are so spoiled... My posts back then were usually really long rants about other folks situations. Now I have jokes when I'm too lazy to put a post together (on the OTHER page) or long rants when my level of pisstivity is really high or no post when I am REALLY lazy. I really do try to stay away from long rants because honestly when I see a long rant, I rarely read the whole thing, so why should anyone read mine? That said, I guess I will stop the blatant plagarism before it does get too long. But you must admit she did do such a good job that stealing was easy.

5 comments:

Jazzy said...

LMAO!!! This was too cute!

Beana said...

it was wasn't it :-)

deepnthought said...

how cool.....

The Addict said...

Consider me a fan! I, like you, came into the blog world as a reader, not a blogger. After some convincing, I lost my virginity, and now I love it. Hopefully you'll check me out sometime. Peace.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

One more on the fan list then! I will be by to load your comment section up like everybody elses!