Saturday, November 17, 2007

Home By The Sea: The Beginning

Images of sorrow, pictures of delight
Things that go to make up a life
Endless days of summer
Longer nights of gloom
Waiting for the morning light
Scenes of unimportance, photos in a frame
Things that go to make up a life
- Genesis


This passage often pops into my mind whenever I think about the things undone in my own life. I am sure you all have asked at one time or another, "what remains of me after I am gone?" I often find myself wondering what certain folk would think of things as they are now. Hell just starting to think about this one is getting me all lost in the whole spiderweb of thoughts that started this post a week ago. Couldn't really get on top of the whole thing. Still can't. Too much to sort through. I may have to revisit this from time to time.

I will say this before the "to be continued..."
A thing I have been hearing at funerals lately is that on your tombstone under your name there are dates. The first number is when you arrived. The second number is when you left. In between is a dash. You live your life in the dash. For me, I think my dash is a broken line. Right now, there are things undone that I still feel are important. If for no one else but me. I guess it is time to fix the holes in my dash as it is. Of course I still got other stuff coming yet to do, but those are for the rest of the dash. The rest of the "gonna get considerably longer" dash.

to be continued...

3 comments:

The Addict said...

That dash is serious business...too many take theirs for granted. Take care of those holes, my friend. Can't go out with regrets...

Jazzy said...

When you die this all isn't as important because...well...you're dead. As it is, you are already regretting things you should have accomplished or even things that you should have done differently.

What is stopping you from doing the things you want to do?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Mostly logistics. Getting the ducks in a row and all that.