Thursday, July 05, 2007

Things To Amaze

As I was thinking about plinking (rhymed) in the last post, I began to think about other things that amaze folk. Here are a few of my favorite things to do that astound and amaze my friends!

Plinking:
I have a bb gun that I have had since I was eight. I can hit most targets that it can reach usually on the first shot. As you all can see I gotz me four eyes. So quite naturally folk think I can't even see the damn targets much less hit them! Once they get their mouths open in amazement, I usually show off by hitting a fence post from about 60 - 100 yards. So I am warning you all now. If you are feeling a little beside yaself and wanna act out, don't come on Tha Hill! Cause I can reach out and touch that ass!

Jeopardy:
Being the genius that I am I have amassed a decent sized bank if trivial knowledge. Reading, watching TV, listening to radio and such things get absorbed and somehow stored. So if you are watching Jeopardy and I am in the room and you are competitive, DO NOT yell out any answers unless you want me to play too. And of course if you don't mind losing. Maybe one day I will try my luck. But I will have to give up worrying about embarrassing myself on national TV before that can happen. Just my luck they will be categories I know nothing about.

The Dictionary Game:
This is my favorite. I used to spend hours browsing through the dictionary. For me looking up a word usually took about a half-hour because I would look up that word, read several others on the page, link to other words. Pretty much my way of surfing before the World Wide Web. So every once in a while I hand folk the dictionary and challenge them to find a word I cannot define. The rules being that a "definition" is valid if I can tell you what the word means more or less. Not the "exact" dictionary definition. To date I think my success rate is around 90%.

The Movie Game:
This is the one where I ask for the two top billed stars in the movie and I give you the title. I am about 70% successful with this one. It would probably be higher but there are a large amount of movies that are out there that I just don't care about. This game mostly applies to the movies that have been made since I have been alive. So if you can't remember the name of a movie and I ask you who starred in it, you got a good chance of getting an answer.

What things do you do that astound and amaze your friends?

2 comments:

Jazzy said...

OK...I'm cool with the last three, but the first one definitely made me raise an eyebrow. Plinking???? Having a BB gun since you were 8??? That must be a Detroit thing. lol

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Nah. Not really a Detroit thing. Dad just figured that it would be a good skill to have. And he knew I would be (somewhat) responsible with it. So it was never a problem with me having it. I never shot anyone (else) on purpose. But I did get good. Besides it was the coolest thing to have as a kid, back in the day...