Wednesday, July 11, 2007

In Tha News...

Today in the news!

ME! I made it on TV y'all! Finally! Strangely enough it was the same station that had the helicopter over the crib a few weeks back. I was at the NAACP Career Fair and managed to get some screen time. Of course the only problem with my appearance was that they got a good shot of my back from what I am told. So if you happened to catch the Fox 2 news this morn and saw a bright dude in a snazzy interview suit, that was me. Just didn't manage to get my face out there. Starting to feel like Charlie. Now where did them Angels get off to? A Funny aside note: I met Charles Pugh (local anchor/reporter) and we lamented the closing of our Alma Mater. RIGHT after that someone else said Hi to him too. And he interviewed her! I am dressed like I am about to take the corporate world by storm, she like she was searching for the service entrance. I guess they get trained to find the most "interesting" folk for the camera. Dang! In that case I was camera ready for the helicopter...

ERIE, Pa. — A pizza deliveryman who robbed a bank and was killed when the bomb around his neck exploded wasn't a hostage — he was a conspirator in the plot, federal authorities said Wednesday in announcing the first indictments in the nearly four-year-old case.
Okay, I think this qualifies as a Darwin Award Winner here! If you are robbing the bank, how the hell do you let ANOTHER lazy-greedy bastard talk you into wearing a bomb? Especially if you don't have the button? What did he used to be thinking? I swear! The things a dumbass will do for money!

Chauncey Billups signed a $60 million, five-year contract Wednesday with the Detroit Pistons
Now THAT is what I call a salary negotiation. He was under contract for $6.8 million this year. He opted to test the free-agent market. Didn't get a LOT of interest. Ended up with roughly $12 million average for the next 4-5 years! I would have to say that Mr. Big Shot got a good return from throwing them dice! If I see him at MGM Grand I will buy that brotha a drink and pick whatever points he tries to make at the crap table!

SANTIAGO, Chile -- Chile's soccer federation suspended six players -- including captain Jorge Valdivia -- from the upcoming World Cup qualifiers for going on a drunken rampage at the Copa America in Venezuela.
Hmmm... Seems to me that folk should have been scared witless that night. I mean if you mix alcohol with dudes who can literally kick ya ass up betwixt ya shoulders...

LOS ANGELES -- Another "Simple Life" star is facing possible jail time.

Nicole Richie is deciding whether to accept or reject a plea deal in her driving-under-the-influence case.
Make the stupiding stop! Come on! Were the Richies not wealthy enough? Now she trying to get adopted by the Hiltons by being anotha Paris? Did she not learn anything from Paris and her jail spell? Brandy? Lohan? Nolte? Can you say drinking and chauffeuring? SMDH.

MEADVILLE, Pa. -- A wrecking ball wreaked havoc on a small college town in northwest Pennsylvania on Monday.

Wrecking Ball Goes Wild

The 1,500-pound, 3-foot-wide ball broke loose from a crane cable and rolled nearly a mile downhill.

It smashed more than a dozen vehicles and injured three people as it bounced from curb to curb.

The ball slammed into the back of a car stopped at an intersection. The force caused a chain reaction with two other cars at the traffic light.

The driver, an Allegheny College junior, said he thought a car had hit him when his back windshield exploded.

The ball came to rest in the trunk of a car and pushed it nearly 20 feet.

Workers had been using the wrecking ball to demolish part of a library at Allegheny College when the cable snapped.
Just try explaining that shit to your State Farm Agent!

MILF kills 14 Marines
I ain't touching that with a 10 foot pole. But they were Philippine Marines and MILF is a group of rebel guerrillas. But still...

An aide to former Michigan Gov. John Engler who was appointed by President George W. Bush to direct northern border relations was fired from the post today because, he says, he refused an administration order to ignore a violation of the U.S.-Canada border treaty.
Guess G. Dubya don't appreciate a job well done. Especially when dealing with National Security. Make ya wonder?

4 comments:

deepnthought said...

I am so glad to know that you looked good. I think they do train them who to interview.lol

Man, I cant stand Detroit anything (sports related) I do mean ANYTHING. The Pistons ewwwwwwww. the Lions, say whatttttt, and dont get me started on the red wings.... whooo saaaaaa.

I got a little side tracked. I was saying that Billups did pretty good in my book.

The one about the wrecking ball was sad, but you are so freaking silly.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Hey! Don't be hatin' on tha Pistons! You can talk smack all day about them Lions! (my jokes might be better though...) But don't mess with my basketball teams! Otherwise I might have to get ya! And you got a big target following you if what I hear is to be believed!

Anonymous said...

I will be back...

so you made it on tv huh? wow u famous now

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yes Indeedie!!!!