Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Things Heard While On A Rant

And we got nothing to be guilty of
Our love will climb any mountain...

I want to go outside, in the rain
It may sound crazy
But I wanna go outside, in the rain...

Living just enough
just enough for the city...

I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm...

I'm sippin' on Tanqueray with my mind on my money and my mouth on the ganjay
R A G to the muthafuckin' E
Back wit my nigga S N double O P
Yeah! And you don't stop...

Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit.
He took the midnight train going anywhere...

Unforgettable
That's what you are
Unforgettable
Though near or far...

I got a penthouse in Manhattan
Two more in Malibu
I got an '87 Cadillac Seville
I got a Maserati too...

Would you mind
If I touched, if I kissed, if I held you tight
In the morning light, yeah...

As around the sun the earth knows she's revolving
And the rosebuds know to bloom in early May
Just as hate knows love's the cure
You can rest your mind assured
That I'll be loving you always...

I hope you
That you've been checkin' me
I know what you're talkin' bout
You got me trippin' on my own feet...

All alone on a Sunday morning
Outside I see the rain is falling, whoa
Inside I'm slowly dying
But the rain won't hide my crying, crying, crying...

16 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Is this a quiz??? LOL

ruthibel said...

First song: BeeGees Guilty (a real classic)

Fourth: George Michael Careless Whisper (another timeless classic)

Sixth: I heart Journey!!! Don't stop believing... luv it luv it luv it!!!

Seventh: Unforgettable Nat King Cole&Co... my wedding song-to-be!!

Last: All Cried Out- anthem for a broken heart...

I know, it prolly wasnt a quiz, but too much free time and the internet is such a potent combination...

Mizrepresent said...

Sounds good to me.

Jazzy said...

LOL @ Rashan

I can't get George Michael out my head now...I'm never gonna dance again, guilty feet have got...no rhythm...thnx! side eye

One Man’s Opinion said...

I'm with Jamal...is this a quiz? Why are we qouting sounds from my teen years?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Rashan - This time it isn't a quiz. I realized what was playing while I was typing so I started a second post and added to it with each new song. And I didn't want the other post to be the only one today...

@ Ruthibelle - It wasn't a quiz this time. Just the randomness in my ears. But I shall look for you the next time I do put one out...

@ Mizrep - Me too!

@ Diva - Hey! With every side eye I only love you more!

@ One man's - Not a quiz. It was the background music to the prior post. Next time though...

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dang. I was hoping it was a quiz b/c I know these songs. Well at least some of them. :)

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Quiz or no quiz, that last one is my sawwwwwwng!! :-)

Bananas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bananas said...

Damn, I need to finish one of those thoughts...

"...Would you mind
if I said how I felt tenderly tonight
again cause

I never ever felt this way in my heart before
Love has a holiday in my heart tonight

Would you mind
if I looked into your eyes till I'm hypnotized and I lose my pride
Would you mind
if I make love to you till I'm satisfied again cause

I never ever felt this way in my heart before
Love has a holiday in my heart tonight."


Kinda makes ya wanna get close to somebody doesn't it?

The Dreamy One said...

hey sweetie pie!!

yeah i know that i have been scarse around blog land.

i have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and working like stupid.

i am tired, and really all i have time to do is just post and not really comment

but i will try to do betta

how are things in your life???

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Southern - You could have tried ya hand anyway. Might have had fun! Even gotten a prize!

@ Ms. B. - You all cried out? Well let me tell ya, the thought of you in that costume brings different tears to MY eyes!

@ Terry - Yep. That's some old school shyt right there! Deep AND meaningful!

@ Dreamy - You have been absent. Only 8 posts this month and you been missing them? Were it not for the fact that you needed to sleep butt ass nekkid for a few days (THANK YOU FOR THAT MENTAL IMAGE BY THE WAY) you might deserve some spanking... (that works for me too...)
You get recovered from that storm and get back right. I will be here, or somewhere...
I am a little behind too. Of course you know you are contractually obligated to make comments here and there though...

Anonymous said...

I actually recognize most of them. At least you weren't listening to Lil Wayne.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Oh hell naw! That you won't find in my collection.

dejanae said...

lol
*walks away singing*:
"tho it's easy to pretend, i know you're not a foooool."