Sunday, September 21, 2008

Birthday Day!

Today is the birthday of two very special ladies. Now I was gonna do a really cool and cute tribute to them and all that. But I won't. Why? I did mention that they were "special" right?

I was gonna post pictures and all and talk nicely about them. Put my admiration all out in public and be all gushing over them and such. It would have been a spectacular performance too! One good enough to make a wife jealous!!!

BUT!

I ain't gonna do that. Because one be playin' too much with Photoshop, yes we understand you got talent... And the other IS JUST FREAKING MISSING!!! AHEM...

So to the other, I will just say Happy Birthday Haremite Queen Of My Castle!!!

To the one...

Reasons Why I Might Not Come To Your Blog… By Opinionated Diva and The Second Sixty-Eight!!!


1. Comment Moderation…HATE IT!!! I know for some it’s a necessary evil, but I still hate it. When I leave a comment I like to see it right away. I also like to see what others have to say, so I’m not repeating exactly what someone has JUST said.
Well you are a lot nicer than me! I will straight up not even come by anymore if I gotta wonder if you got it or not. Usually I find that NOBODY is interesting enough for me to put up with that, blog stalkers or not...
And that word verification stuff is some bullshit too! Especially when the damn thing is longer than my comment!!!



2. Infrequent Posting…After a couple of days of nothing and not seeing you around the blog way, I just start thinking you’re on blog hiatus, so I don’t come by.
What? I KNOW you ain't trying to put a brotha on blast!!! All I know is you best have them butt cheeks around these parts on the regular. I mean harass me and e-mail stalk me. Call me and cuss me out. But you are obligated by the Harem code to come by here!!! Dammit!!!
Er... this ain't NECESSARILY about me? Oh... Well... wait... ... ... Hey!


3. Automatic Music players…*sigh* I REALLY hate these. They also slow your page down. I usually end up hitting the little “x” in the upper right corner, when I come to these pages. Which brings me to the next item…
You know you love it when I do that! But only if the post requires background music! Now everybody else...


4. Busy Pages…Too many pictures…too many surveys…too much every damn thing. These pages take FOREVER to load. I don’t care if I’m on the laptop at home or on the pc at work or on the crackberry…it’s still a slow download. Me and patience broke up years ago…not able!
Whoo lawd! You ain't said but a word! Wait... Mine ain't busy is it? Cause if it is then you need to upgrade...


5. Constant Secks Sex Talk…I enjoy talking about secks sex about as much as any other hot blooded female, however I need more than that. I don’t wanna read about how you got that good good or how big “junior” is or how much stamina you have either – some things should be left unsaid. In the past this wasn’t a big deal, but these days, I don’t comment on these posts.
Well, I ain't female. So I don't mind nearly as much... Okay, so what about constant sexual innuendo? Oh, and the strikethroughs are because we use grown folk words ova here!


6. No Reciprocity…blogging is a sharing caring community…you visit me and I visit you. I know I am guilty of not visiting everyone that visits me regularly though, so let me know if I’m neglecting you…it is purely by accident.
Yeah. I am trying to make sure that I at least put the page in my favorites if I don't read it that day. And I hate it when I don't get return blogrolled! Okay, I don't hate it. But I used to. But I decided that it was for me to keep up with MY favorites... Just because the other person is a busta...


7. Soliciting…Coming to my blog to advertise your blog, is how you get me to NOT come to your blog. I excuse this from my regs and other T13’rs, but new folks? It’s not necessary. I see a new name and I automatically want to see who you are. Chill.
You know I was gonna ask why you excuse it from the regs. But then I realized that sometimes we have such good stuff that we gotta tell you about it. Like I am gonna do as soon as I post this! But we are so in agreement!


8. Bad Grammar…I’m the queen of broken sentences and I deliberately use bad grammar (regularly)…because hell sometimes it’s just funny to type it that way, but I mix it up. There is a difference between what I do and people who have no business writing a post. These are usually the people who leave the most confusing comments too. *inside joke here* hee hee
Really? So who indeed is the joke really on? I too have encountered a few spots and comments that left me doing that confused monkey head scratch thing...


9. Ya Bore Me! Sorry. I know some people really write for their own enjoyment and this might include writing post after post about their boring life. Just because you have a boring life does not mean you can’t write it with humor and make it interesting. Hell…my life is boring. There’s nothing going on…but you gotta be able to poke fun at yourself and the boring stuff that happens to you to connect with your readers or at least to engage me.
Um... Okay... SOMEBODY is feeling a little mean or something... You know, remember "Keep in mind that I'm an artist. And I am sensitive about my shit" No? Okay... I am witcha sis! I just had to poke fun at ya mean ass!


10. Post Sagas…sometimes I’ll read a really long post and I’m engrossed because it’s just that funny or bizarre, etc. MOST OF THE TIME I AINT ABLE!!! Get to the point! Editing is your friend! So what THIS post is a long one!
LMAO @ "Editing is your friend!" I have grown accustomed to the really long post thanks to Ladylee and Freaky Deaky! You know I bet they can kill a cell phone battery! What? I only pick with those I really like!


11. I don’t like you and/or I can’t relate to you…it’s nothing personal (most of the time).
I need add nothing to this...

12. I don’t do motivational…OK…that’s not entirely true. I stole that line from Rashan - LOL. I lump all the excessively motivational, spiritual and infomercial-style posts in the same pile…and I avoid that pile!
Um... Yep! Except for Miss Kitty. She understands reciprocity (#6, huh?) and you always gotta have at least ONE friend around to keep you from being dragged through the gates of hell without notice. God knows the rest of you ain't able! And she ain't excessively either...


13. Creepy poetry…I don’t dislike poetry as a whole, but all that constant crap about unrequited love and nonsensical crapola that could mean THIS but might mean THAT, but since you’re trying to be so clever and poetic, you’re never really clear about what it is you mean…well all that confusing mumbo jumbo is annoying. Pass
Um... yyyeeeaaaahhhh... I tend to avoid poetry as much as possible. I am good thanks! Prose is my tool and I shalt use it! I may not know art, but I know what I like! Alright, I won't be elitist. SOME poetry is okay.


Now with all that said…there are certain bloggers that I would follow regardless…these are the people I harass to post…the ones who I email harass…text harass…or harass on any level really. Harassing is how I show you my love! lol
Yeah I know. And you been doing it to me from the start. BUT you don't have to harass me today! Cause YOUR post is up!

Happy Birthday Haremite Opinionated Diva!!!!!
Edit: And congrats to you and your family on the arrival of your spanking brand new nephew, only a day late...

22 comments:

Desy said...

hahahaha! your responses to diva's post was hilarity! and i've become some a fickle poster myself...

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yeah. She loves it when I jack her posts. Especially when she is being a smart ass! Just makes my madness magnify even more!

She betta be up in here before Midnight though! Or I might take it down outta spite!

Anonymous said...

I did a post like this a year or so ago. I'm bored and have nothing better to post so it may be time to update it and play copy cat. So thanks Opinionated Diva and Second Sixty-Eight for giving me something to post. LOL

My posts aren't nearly as long as they used to be but I'll admit I prefer longer posts to read and write. I'm not confirming or denying anything. Don't worry about my cell phone battery. LOL!

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind, I would like to give Diva a shout out since I can't post from the crackberry on her page. Damn wordpress! Happy birthday Diva.

Lol @ using grown folks words.

Tom_Gurl said...

I've just decided that you and Diva need to tag team on a post more often....

...Your crazed mind + Diva's Divaness = Way too much joke!! Think about it...it will work!

Happy b'day to my fav Diva....

Ok...That is all....

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Freaky - You talking about similar content or a second level jacking? Cause that would be pretty cool! Should I worry about the SPARE battery you keep on rotating charge then?

@ Southern - You are like family (the wife's family, but fam nonetheless). If I don't mind you commenting from the crackberry then my forum is your forum. Heck I may even extend that concept and require each one if you do a post for me each week. Get my team blog on and all...

@ Tom_Gurl - I don't know... You really think? I mean she don't put enough out that is really worth jacking like that... (yeah I am messing with her) Watch out. I might just jack yours too!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

Hey Brother!

LOL...glad to know I don't get on your nerves with my spiritual speaking self...lol....this was fun to read......kdlaflkdnfkdfdkdsalkflkdfmdkdkdk...Just thought I'd do that in honor of #8!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Um. That generated the head scratching monkey too. But not for the reason you think...

I think the denizens of hell stay away from crazy folk too...

dejanae said...

i concur

Miss Snarky Pants said...

LOL! I love the spin you put on the posts you jack.
Hope both ladies had a very Happy Birthday indeed.

Anonymous said...

Wow.I never knew that you were from Detroit too......

Anonymous said...

BTW, I totally agree with those reasons not to visit a blog.... so true

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Dejanae - I acquiesce wholeheartedly with your concurrence.

@ Ms. B. - I hope Queenie did. Wherever she is... I know Diva did because she got somebody fresh to spoil!

@ Glennishamorgan - Yep. The Detroit connection is what brought me by your site in the first place...

@ Glen... We gotta get you a shorter name... - Yeah, that Diva was on to something. I just made things worse...

nikki said...

i am the queen of verbosity. i'm still shocked folk be reading that long ass shit.

i'm with y'all and the inspirational thing though...that.gets.old.QUICK.

Rashan Jamal said...

I think every blogger should do this list. It would be interesting to see what people like and don't like. Only maybe we shouldn't be as nice as Diva was. LOL

Jazzy said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thnx again!

You are one of my closest Blog BFF's!

Smooches!!!

Lesley said...

Ah Feck. I think I might be boring... and I wrote some poetry once... but on the plus side I can't do any of that fancy shit with surveys or soundtracks or any of that crap either!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Nikki - Sometimes the verbosity works for the author and the particular piece... Sometimes...

@ Rashan - Yours up yet? And hell, can a post like this really be nice at all? Got me wondering...

@ Diva - You know the love is there! And you are most welcome. And ignore that thing about deleting the post if you didn't get to it in time. I see that you had an awesome reason for your absence. And I was just kidding anyway. Ain't no way I am gonna put in all that work and you not be obligated to read it.

@ Lesley - But you might NOT be boring. Whose to say? Me? Okay. I will do an evaluation...

Queen of My Castle said...

LMAO @ this post. Sorry I screwed it up.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

YEAH! Where you been?

Coko Mulan said...

ya'll don't have to talk about me in #2 lol

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Um... I don't think you could be considered "infrequent". You are more M.I.A.