Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Seekret Satan... I Mean Santa

Oh yeah. I almost forgot this one. I am only telling this one because The Wife won't do it herself.

As you all know, there is a workplace tradition around Crimmus called Secret Santa. In her case, the company has a $20 limit. The way it works is that you put three things that you want on a slip of paper with your name on it. Mind you this is completely voluntary. And usually everyone tries to hit the $20 mark as best they can. Some go over. Ehkneewae...

The wife decides to participate. As do several others. She draws. She gets a gift card from the bank for her giftee. Sweet, simple, exactly what they wanted. After they get it of course...

Her list if I remember right was wine, a gas card, a gift card. I think that was the list anyway.
Reveal day comes for her. She of course gets the short straw this year. 8-Kid Dude drew her name. This cat is one of those who thinks he is gods gift or something from all I heard. And one cheap bastard to boot.

She ended up with a "split" gift. He called himself clever and got two of the three things on the list. The first part of the gift was a $10 gift card from Wal-Mart. The other part was a bottle (or two) of wine. Well, almost... The gifting was on the last day of work before the holiday. On that day she got the gift card... What? You waiting on something? Keeep waiting... Oh yeah, that's right! She also got informed that he bought some wine for her that she would really like. But he forgot to bring it in. Pause for effect here folks... And look to the top of this post and peep the date. Because he STILL forgot to bring it in!!! I told her she might get it in time for her birthday which would make it ALMOST a month late! I even volunteered to give her a wine goblet to sit on her desk to remind him to remember to take it from the fridge and put it in his car.

Coulda been worse though. She could have gotten the $5 gift certificate to Subway that he gave out last year! That story was even funnier! But I ain't for telling that one.

I guess he ain't god's gift, or any other for that matter!

10 comments:

nikki said...

DANG. that trife mofo!

see, this is why i don't participate in that nonsense. nobody ever gets me what i want. a ten dollar gift card to walmart? what da hell she gonna do with that? buy some five dollar socks that cost five cents to make? whateverz.

she should call dude out though. be like "hey, you owe me a bottle of wine ya cheap bastid."

Jazzy said...

I agree with Nikki...call dude out. Crack jokes on his cheap azz each and every chance.

The limit is $20 and he gets a gift card for ten measly bucks. That's someone who is cheap and doesn't care who knows!

Minerva Exertion said...

dude is cheap and lame! $10 at Walmart can't even buy a pack of gum! boooooo-hissss!

CHA CHA said...

THE NICCA IS BROKE, HE AINT NEVA HAD THE WINE TO BEGIN WITH...BOOOOO

We had the smae thing here at work and the guy asked for cd, cologne(which might be a difficult choice), or a gift card. HE GOT...a christmas stocking filled with candy..I KID YOU NOT..LMAO

Minerva Exertion said...

LOL @ Pocahontaz!!! I would have taken that stocking (candy and all) and smacked the fool out of somebody!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Hey! It is MIA Nikki! Welcome back from wherever you were... um... You weren't gone because you just got outta the hospital from the butt whoopin' you got from sassin' ya dad about going to the store were ya? Ah nevahmind. I am sure you will get around to it eventually.

Yeah what you said though...

I feel ya Diva, but remember she did get more than the "winner" last year did!

Dang Minnie... You don't mind me calling you Minnie do ya? Okay Minerva then... But cheap AND lame!

Wow Poca. Now that is suckass when you don't even get what was on the list! Although, it depends on what kinda candy it was... Although a penny candy stocking would get used the way Minn...er... Minerva suggested...

You know I thought that this post would get The Wife to sign up for an id to post her two cents on this one. Almost got her!

On second thought, she is a little TOO fond of those "weapon firing" stories.

Anonymous said...

I think he drank the wine on the way to the office!!!

What she gonna want with Boones Farm anyway?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Ya know Fresh, that is a damn good question! I don't call myself a wine elitist by any stretch but, No cork, no quaff.

deepnthought said...

that was funny and sad. You want me to send nana up there for ole boy?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Nah. I can just get a couple of bottles that I know she likes for the $10 she missed out on. In fact I already did! Found some that we been looking for just before New Year. 2 for $9 that day.

Wait... You can still send her. Just not for him. She seems like such a joy just to have around though...