Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yeah, I Know I Been Gone. But...

This is a quick update for all of y'all who have been missing me whilst life has been happening to me.


  • I have registered for all of my classes at this point for the Winter 2009 semester.
    1. Three of them are on the main campus near my old address.
    2. Two of them are at the extension center near my new address.
    3. I am trying to get them all on campus so I can avoid Wedenesday evening and Saturday morning classes.
    4. This would give me a 9-9 on Monday and a 1-8 on Wednesday schedule., should I be successful.
    5. If not then fuck it.  One evening and a Saturday won't kill me.  Especially if it means NOT taking Spring or Summer classes.
    6. Keep ya fingers crossed.  May 5 is the anticipated completion date for this campaign.
  • For those of you who haven't been paying close attention thus far, I HAVE A NEW ADDRESS!!!
    1. My wife managed finagle me into a ranch style house.  Oh well, no upstairs, I guess I will live.
    2. It isn't the perfect solution that we were looking for which would have allowed the kids to walk to and from school.
    3. It isn't as cheap as we would have liked.
    4. It is a place where they don't have to be moved to other schools.  Unless they want to do so.
    5. It is a place where my family can recongregate.  Including the dog...
    6. It is a place where I will be able to call it home.  Ain't done that in years.
    7. It is a place where folk who are less than respectful of your stuff and space and feelings are not really welcome.  Even if they are family.
  • Seems that mom is none the worse for wear being cared for by... not me.
    1. She has been relocated temporarily to a location where there is heat and electricity and cable.
    2. Although the current crew could be a little more attentive, she ain't being ignored.
    3. We will likely have space for her should she get tired of her current caretakers.  Yeah!
  • The wife is doing pretty good.
    1. She has run the house search.  Which is why I didn't argue much about the house type.
    2. She is definitely happy because we got approved for the lease.  She get's her family back whole and gets rid of the unnecessary mouth music from other parties.
    3. Taking the layoff in stride right now.  Get a little unemployment.  Get some stuff together.  Take a breath.  Start the job search if the layoff lasts more than a month or two.  Or if a bigger paycheck pops up on the horizon.
    4. She is walking unassisted.  No cane.  No boot.  No worries.  But a little bit of a limp.
    5. She been stressing like crazy and today she is smiling and cheering and rooting for the Eagles to beat the Giants right at this moment.  Oh what a relief it is!!!
  • Me?
    1. Health is getting better.  Blood pressure is coming down.  Sugar is not bad.
    2. My water pill has been cut down so I am not peeing on the hour anymore.
    3. I took my both of my loans.  This allowed us to get the money for moving and such without having to depend on family.  You don't know how much relief I am feeling about having to pay back some money!  Especially since HER family always has to have a negative ass opinion when they give money.
    4. I get to sleep at night in a bed with my wife again.  In a room alone!  Heh heh hehhhh!
    5. I finally have the funds to finish getting this tooth fixed from the root canal.  It got infected again and I am on antibiotics again.  But I do want to eat on both sides of my mouth sometime soon again!
    6. Most important I am feeling much more at peace than I have in a long time.  If I don't watch out, I may start feeling happy.
Oh yeah, I might even finish the rest of the dream story too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you and the family. Looks like 2009 has started out great for you. I hope it continues that way.

Anonymous said...

Who said you've been missed? LOL You know I miss ya!

Good luck with school this semester.

Congrats on the new house! YAY for the wife's recovery.

You make sure you keep that blood pressure down.

LadyLee said...

I am happy things are shaping up the way you need them to be. Glad for Wifey's recovery, too!

You better go STUDY!! And do good in school! (You know I'ma stay on you about that!)

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Bored - Yeah. Seems that my wife's prediction that 2009 was gonna be our year is starting to come true earlier than expected. Hope it is great for you too!

@ Boo Tay Doo - Yeh, that is the 2009 version. Thank you for all of your kind words. Missed ya too.

@ Dr. L - Yes ma'am! Shole will study! Might even use The Wife's anatomicals for book rests (that way I won't get bored with the reading too soon if the room is nice!) And yeah, I know it was WTMI! So much so that I won't say the dirty thing I was gonna say in response to you "staying on me" about school.

Rashan Jamal said...

Peace is good. Happiness is better. Good luck!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You are so right there my man. You are so right!