Monday, March 31, 2008

The Soundtrack: The Second Pass

Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot - I like big butts and I can not lie!

Faithfully - Journey - The main reason for my first purchase of a prerecorded cassette tape.

G Funk Intro - Snoop Doggy Dogg and The Lady of Rage - Freaknic '94, road trip, new ride, solo trip. The first cut off the album I played the most on the road.

Aquaboogie - Parliament - It is impossible to be from Detroit and begin to call yourself old school unless there is something from George Clinton and his crazy crew in ya faves. Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop!

Computer Blue - Prince - Still one of my favorite reasons to learn to play the guitar. I may still get around to it...

The Throne Room/End Title - John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra - This was one of the cuts that really gave me an appreciation of symphonic and classical music. Sure there were all those tunes that we learned about from Bugs Bunny and Woody Woodpecker. But this was when it REALLY started for me. Star Wars!!!!!

Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins - Every favorite movie has a memorable theme song.

The One - Prince - Because I am.

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

Very eclectic. I'm not hardly surprised to see Baby Got Back at the tippy top though!

Freaky Deaky said...

I remember all the controversy Baby Got Back had when it was released. Compared to the stuff on the airwaves now everything about it is kind of mild. Definitely a classic in my book. I'm surprised I don't have it as a ring tone for a certain ample bootied woman I know.

Danger Zone used to be my song!

Your whole list is bringing back memories.

Freakytopia.net

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Diva - You shouldn't be surprised at all. And I got my suspicions about yours...

@ Freaky - Yeah, now he could redo that song and call it Baby Got ASS and nobody would so much as lift an eyebrow.

I am with you on the Danger Zone. This is what was playing when I was on I-75 headed south to Atlanta racing those other two Mustangs doing about 110 at three dark thirty. Did I mention how much fun that Freaknic trip was?

deepnthought said...

I love that danger zone cut. thanks a lot. it is now stuck in my head.lol