Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Heaven and Hell

Well mine anyway. Today was a most unusual day for me. I had not one, but two phone interviews for positions. Usually I only have that many good contacts a year the way things have been going. I hope I haven't hit my quota this year.

The first was a position out of state. Something that sounds fairly permanent. Something that would take me several hundred miles away from here. I got the phone call as expected and had a rather good conversation. The recruiter seemed satisfied that I was possibly a good candidate and I got a warm and fuzzy about the position and the situation. The only problem was that they were a little behind schedule and it would take a few weeks for them to get their ducks in a row.

The second was a position somewhat local but about a 60 - 90 minute commute. This one was through a contract house with a local automotive company. This one did not go at all well. I have never been the teacher type. So describing the nuts and bolts of what I do was never something I did good when it was current. But now I seem to have a case of oldtimers. I knew the concepts she was asking about. I have used and done them many times. I could even picture them in my mind. (yes I do think in pictures a lot). But somehow them pictures didn't translate themselves into me sounding like I knew that stuff. Ah well.

I don't know. Maybe that was a sign. My mind and other forces and entities over my shoulders telling me that it is time for me to get a move on. Well, that was my encounter with heaven and hell today. How was your day?

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Here's wishin' you some good luck on the job hunt!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Why thank you both!