Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Slughurlers Revisited!

Here is the transfer of a series of my favorite posts from The Truth Is Lamer Than Fiction.

Recently my alignment change has brought about a change in attitude, naturally. With that comes the desire for additional personal and family security. Add that to the fact that I like target shooting, Michigan is a shall issue state and octogenarians aren't even safe anymore. I have decided to get my CCW. The stars of this post are the first round of finalists.

What do you think of them.

Anyone got any advice or recommendations? Aside from telling me not to that is. That would be bad advice...


This is the Sig Sauer P250. I think my prayers have been answered. The whole trouble with deciding on such a thing is finding the right grip and deciding on what caliber is best for your needs. I need be indecisive no more. This baby has a modular construction. So according to the site, you can change the grips by swapping the polymer frame. Of course this is just the minor added benefit. Since you usually get the grip that fits best on initial purchase. But more important is that you can change the caliber on this baby by swapping out the barrel and clip. I don't think ya heard me. You can have this baby in 9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45ACP without having to buy four guns! This is something indeed...


This little gem is the FN Five-Seven. 20 round capacity. Low recoil. Really really nice.


I believe this one is named Stella by my blogger gun buddy J. A Glock 27 in .40 S&W Subcompact.



This is second in the capacity championship. This is the Glock 17. 9mm with a 17 shot magazine capacity.Springfield XD 45 ACP Compact 4" Polymer (convertible from concealed carry to full size service pistol with 3 extra rounds by switching magazines)
Taurus Millennium Pro PT-145 in .40 S&W
Taurus Millennium Pro PT-145 in .45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD Sub Compact in .40 S&W
Magnum Research Baby Eagle Compact in .40 S&W
Glock 29 in 10 mm
Glock 30 in .45 ACP (larger mag)
Glock 36 in .45 ACP (smaller mag)
Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Ultra Compact in .45 ACP (like the black grips...)
This is the Springfield Armory XD Compact 9mm. Fits real nice in my paws. Hides real nice. Really pleasing character. One sweet shooting gun this is!

9 comments:

Beana said...

ooohhh i think i need a cigarette after this post!!!

thats hot!!!

and stella made the list.

Bananas said...

Well by no means am I an expert, (well, actually according to the USMC I am), but for me it really is a simple formula. If you want to stop something, obviously the higher the caliber the more stopping power. And if you want to hit something, the longer the barrel the more accurate the placement will be. So…as much firepower as you can get with the most accurate placement, at the most economical price.

Personally, I'm old school. I'm still smitten with the M1911A1 Colt .45 caliber semiautomatic pistol.

I miss it so.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Uhhhh...I think you should go with the black one...

[Oh...you mean MOST of em' are black -- so I need to be more specific]??

Okay in that case then...I think you should go with one that can shoot??

[Oh...they all do that too???]

Then how about the one that has a trigger...

[Wait...they all do--Don't they?!?!]

Aiight that's it...I give up!!! LOL

Is this what happens when we women ask for a man's opinion on a pair of shoes??

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ J - Glad to have been of service (weapon). I had to do that one... And yes, Stella made the list just for you!

@ Terry - I was pretty much indoctrinated into the same thinking. So the good old .45 ACP has always been a front runner. But I have been reading and listening to other experts. I am finding that it is a compromise wherever you go. I think the ultimate decision will rely on which one I can put the tightest groups on target. High capacity misses and high stopping power misses are still ordinance not on target!
Guess that is why I like that P250 so much!
I may just turn into a "collector" and make the whole deciding part moot.

@ Ms B - Um... Yeah. Shoes, purses, dresses (non slutty) and most definitely if you ask us to pick up some feminine products on our way in.

Beana said...

im going to the range tomorrow to work on makin that target look like i put a fist in it.

yea!!!!!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Well go head wit' ya dangerous self!

Anonymous said...

uh all these guns are making me nervous lol

deepnthought said...

Why did I feel like I was reading my big brothers diary. lol

I am old school myself. I am partial to the .45 just because my Pa and PopPop had one. I know for a fact the glockn17 9mm is a beauty, though. (dont ask)

I think I may hit up the range when I go home in a few weeks.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

No worries Yazzy. They would only likely be dangerous to you if you were say in my kitchen boiling the rabbit or something. Now if you hear the sound of tearing duct tape...

So should we change ya name to Deepngunrange? Deepnpaperbaddies?
Sorry dear. There ain't no way in heck (or anywhere else) you getting a pass on the Glock 17 statement. Do tell...

My dad was saying that we all need to go to the range together. I am with that. He said it has been so long since he shot his that he forgot what it sounded like.