Sunday, October 28, 2007

Slughurlers Delight

Watchoutdehnah! TSSE is officially nearly dangerous! As you all know, Michigan is a Shall-issue state. So damn near every Tom, Dick and Harry can carry. And yeah, I am on the way too. Today was class. It was something of a joy to participate in. A day after my little brother turned 24 we sat in class together while my dad (who paid for us) hung out. It was pretty cool all said. I think my dad enjoyed it the most though. He got to sit in class with his two sons and THEN go out and watch us give an old landfill area (the gun range) lead poisoning. Seems now the reputation for shooting things has touched another man child in the family. Little bro definitely is dangerous with a Glock in his hand. Although I think I would have been a little more deadly myself with a smaller weapon. On the other hand I used dad's big ol' .38 out there. I would have to say that I was a bit more imposing to observe. That and I managed to still shoot six rounds, reload four and finish those in the same time that most of the rest of the folk with their semi-autos did the same drill. Now comes the contests at the range when we find our own weapon of choice. Then we shall see. Of course my instructor let me dump a couple of clips into the target after class with his own weapon. That one was really nice. It may have made my final list in fact. Strangely enough, it is one of those pistols on my list. Just in a different caliber.

In fact I will introduce you to it right here.

4 comments:

deepnthought said...

I want to get my license to carry stuff to.

My dad and grand father left almost all of the heavy stuff to me. One piece is to be handed down to my sons.

I dont know if I want to keep them in my home, but I do want to get legal.

I remember the first time I held a .38. It was such a lovely day.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Get a good gun safe and keep the access away from the kiddies. Some of those pieces may be valuable when you are talking about things of father and grandfather vintage.

What are Georgia's rules on weapons?

Jazzy said...

Me no likey weapons.

At a very young age, I saw my "uncle" empty a gun into my stepfather at point blank range.

I get chills even LOOKING at guns.

Freaky Deaky said...

I went to a gun range for the first time earlier this month. I had a blast. Now I think I have the shooting bug. It's definitely a good stress releaser. Now I just have to quit being lazy and find somewhere local. I didn't know Michigan is a shall issue state.