Thursday, October 25, 2007

Vanishing Acts And Such...

Yeah. I been gone again for a hot minute. But I haven't been online much unless it has been to find a bunch of drivers or some programs.

See what had happened is... My damn computer experienced a catastrophic hard disk crash. I lost the boot sector on my boot drive. So no Windoze for me. So no online or anything else for me either. So I have been in the process of getting the old girl back up to speed. The first step was buying a nice new (blazing fast) hard disk. The new drive is 40 times larger than the old one. So much bigger that I may even get rid of the second drive too! It is 8 times larger than the second one, the data drive. AND I decided to install the copy of Win XP I got from my cousin. And am now dealing with the learning curve AND the incompatibilities. But it seems to be better. Especially since Gates Inc. still supports it, and everyone else as a result. So I can actually load software that works and gets updated now. Unless of course the registration doesn't go too well and I have to uninstall it...

But that is why I ain't been here. That and still dealing with all that doctor stuff and such. But I always think about y'all!

3 comments:

deepnthought said...

Ok. We came back around the same time.

Glad you are back.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Et tu Deepness?

Jazzy said...

That sounds sooooooooo complicated, but I don't care! I'm just glad you are back. Yaaaaaaaay!!