Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Torment and Entertainment, Part 2

I can’t wait for grandchildren!!!! Well I can wait another 10 years or so. But the wait will be worth it I think!!!! For years I have been hurling THE curse at the kids. You know the one I am talking about. "I hope your kids are EXACTLY like you!!!" I hope, I hope, I hope! Yep, I can’t wait until they start being the "uncool" people in their houses. In fact I may have to video record my ultimate reward moment. You know that moment when they look at their own kids and then turn to you and ask "was I that bad/dumb/stupid/excitable/dramatic/lazy/etc.?" That moment of course pales in comparison to when one will actually apologize to you. You of course smile knowing that the apology comes far to late to counter the years of bad karma they sent our for themselves. But I imagine that it will feel good just hearing it anyway.

But like I said. I can’t wait for those little ultimate revenges to be born. Finally allies in the struggle. Kids you like, who will LOVE you if for no other reason than you have a common enemy. They are gonna turn my kids uncool. Make them do things they wouldn’t dream of doing in my house, like housework. And show them that "summer vacation" is more about inconvenience than fun. Call me petty if you want!!! I STILL CAN’T WAIT!!!!

No comments: