Friday, October 03, 2008

Temporarily Relocated...

I have been away from home since the last update.

Last week The Wife was attending a rather exciting high school football game. As she was cheering on our nephew's seeming single handed heroics, she ran into a problem.

There was this really big (her description) white man standing behind her. Since there were no bleachers everybody had to stand... While they were jumping up and down and cheering, he landed on her heel. Usually this will give you a flat tire (your shoe back stepped down and off your foot). In her case he landed on her Achilles tendon. It snapped. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, the Achilles is the major tendon between the calf muscles and the heel of the foot. Yep! Major!

So I have been staying with her this last week. Much to her mother's chagrin. But I have been the enforcer and the driver and such. So she is keeping off of it as best as I can manage it.

She will be having surgery on Monday (probably by the time most of you read this...) She will be off her feet for between 2-6 weeks. I will likely be between houses for that period. So forgive me if I seem to be laming out on y'all or something.

On the other hand. I have been working on getting her and the kids a little better access to a computer and the internet. So between this all and her incredible boredom... I might get her in after all!!! Y'all might actually get posts from her! Or even a full blown blog! But I ain't promising anything...

I will hollerate later as I can!

Love!

TSSE...

17 comments:

Otis said...

Stay up my fellow Detroiter..


you takin care of fam biz.

LadyLee said...

Do what you have to do man, and I see you are doing it. Tell Wifey to get better because she gotta get in this kitchen and help me cook for the harem!!

But seriously, glad you taking care of home. That is priority!

Jazzy said...

Wow! So sorry to hear about the wife...that's a really serious injury! Off her feet for 2 to 6 weeks? I feel her pain and fully expect to see her blog posts when boredom and frustration kicks in...smile

Clearly you are where you need to be...and of course we understand!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Damn! Ouch! Sorry to hear about your wife's injury. Hope the surgery goes well and she has a quick recovery.

Did your nephew's team win at least?

RealHustla said...

Awww man. Reading this made my tummy turn. Hope she heals way more quickly than expected. I bet she will with you taking care of her.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Big O - Sho' Nuff!

@ Ladylee - I will do just that. Although she is at this moment trying to figure out what me and the kids are gonna cook her for brunch.

@ Diva - I am seeing signs of stir craziness right now. I can only imagine what it will be like after she has to stay put. Maybe a lazy blog or two... Maybe...

@ Freaky - Yep. They won! Seems like he is turning into the star this year. I hope she gets back up to speed quickly too. Although her main concern after "When can I go back to work?" was "Will the surgery leave a big ugly scar on my leg?"

@ Real - I am gonna do my best. Probably would be easier without dealing with the haterism from her mom.

Anonymous said...

Hop the Mrs. gets well soon!!!!!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

Hey Brother!

So sorry to hear about your wife getting hurt...that's sounds painful! Glad she has you and her mom to help her stay off her feet and get better asap....so what happened to the big guy? Did he apologize? Did he offer to pay a doctor's bill or anything?

Ladynay said...

Ouch! I've seen people in therapy who have had the surgery and I can not recall any of them having a scar bad enough to be concerned.

What I would suggest is keeping track of how long they keep the boot on her. Some docs make patients keep them in the boot longer than they really need to be and their foot gets extremely stiff where she can't plantar flex her foot (push foot down like pressing the gas petal). I hear PT's complain about that rather often so I thought I'd throw that out there.

Coko Mulan said...

Things happen! I know about it lol... but I hope the wife is feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coko Mulan said...

...and yes I just posted like I be here regularly lol

Miss Snarky Pants said...

OUCH...
I feel her pain just reading this.

Hope wifey has a speedy recovery...
2-6 weeks is a long time to be off your feet.

Minerva Exertion said...

I too hope that your has a speedy recovery. When it rains it pours, but keep your head up 68!

Hawa Bond said...

OMG. What an injury to sustain! I hope all goes well with her healing. Please encourage her to take it slowly. Women have a bad habit of trying to "bounce back" too soon.

Take care!

= = = = = =
Give to classroom projects in high-poverty public schools via DonorsChoose 2008: Friends of Fackin Truth Blog (Participating via the AfroSpear with Black Bloggers for Education).

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Diva (ID) - Yeah. I hope so too. It might work if she decides to stay off of it.

@ Ms. Kitty - I am not sure he even realized that he did it. Still sucks though.

@ Ladynay - Good lookin' out. Although I don't think that thing is gonna stay on one minute longer than it absolutely HAS to! But the surgeon made her feel at ease about the scar and such.

@ Mzcoko - Yeah. She might be feeling better soon. So? Are you new?

@ Mzcoko pt.2 - Yeah you did. I thought you forgot about me or something...

@ Ms. B. - Yeah. And she is being a big baby too. Not whining about the pain. But whining about having to stay off her feet! Lawd gimme strenf!!!

@ Minnie - Yeah. Like lightspeed quick. Wait a minute... If I keep my head up when it is raining, won't it get wetter?

@ Hawa - Yeah, I have been having to go to the "firm" voice on her. She was up when I wasn't around so she is hurting. I told her she needs to learn how to delegate!!!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Hope she recovers well

CHA CHA said...

Aww man..that sucks major arse!..Awww I hope she is feeling better now...well you said so, so be a good husband and keep telling her how much you are there for her...=)