Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Update

The wife is healing okay. She had a few foot bangers and a few too many times of sitting up to teach her that pain is your friend ONLY when you listen to it! She goes in for her checkup on the 21st. We shall see what happens.

I am trying to get this damn computer at her place working. After a couple of defective power supplies and a missing router config disk, I may be online to bother y'all again soon. I found the router disk and managed to get the dang router and the modem talking finally. The first power supply was defective and didn't stay on longer than about 15 minutes at a time. Took that back, and upgraded to a more powerful one (just in case there were power issues). Installed the second one and turned it on. I heard noises that I didn't expect to hear. Didn't hear noises I expected to hear. Smelled something funny. Reached for the power button. Saw fire. Reached for the power cord with the other hand. And BLEW THE DAMN FIRE OUT!!! Tomorrow I shall acquire power supply number three. In the meantime, I have been using the one from my computer to configure their computer. Cross ya fingas y'all!

But I have been enjoying my time with the people I am supposed to live with even though it isn't the place we are supposed to live. But I will take what I can get at this point!

Much love folk!
TSSE

12 comments:

CHA CHA said...

HEY....good to hear the wife's improving. Hope you have a good weekend!

LadyLee said...

You disturbed me with the "FIRE" bizness. Glad wifey's improving. Have a good weekend and YOU BETTER STUDY!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the wife is improving.

I miss your hilarious comments. Hurry up and get that computer fixed.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

WOW @ the power supply catching fire...

I mean granted, we miss seeing you around the blogosphere but surely, none of us want you to kill yourself in the process!!

TRANSLATION: Careful maaaaan....CAREFUL!!! :-)

Glad to read your wife is on the mend.

I need her to steer clear of those foot bangers though.

[THEM BAD BOYS AIN'T NO DAMN JOKE!!!]

Ladynay said...

Am I not supposed to laugh at your comp issues? If I'm not let me go 'head an 'pologize! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not funny, it's just that I see you throwing stuff around out of frustration in my head and it's cracking me up!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Poca - Yep. The weekend is going okay. Aside from my sister having a psycho episode yesterday, things are going well.

@ Ladylee - The fire was a little disturbing. But the upside is that I managed to get a $70 power supply for $30 bucks. A WAY better one! And now everything is up and working!

@ Southern - I think everything is up and running fine now. I shall be by to see my Bootydo soon! Especially since you didn't introduce me to your find drunken southern friends. You trying to save me for yourself?

@ Ms. B. - But getting back to you all is worth a little life risk! A little...
Yeah, she is getting better at avoiding the foot bangers though.

@ Ladynay - You can laugh. I found it rather amusing that I took two power supplies back in the span of three days! But PS3 seems to be as impressive as it was built up to be! I am up and online an downloading apps as we speak!

The Dreamy One said...

happy to hear that the wife is doing well.

yeah pain is a mofo,lol!!!

look at you trying to light shyss up,lol

be careful sir.

yeah take what you can get as far as the living situation is concerned. i know how much you love your family!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ your comment to me. Of course I'm keeping you to myself.

Not so Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your wife is getting better...pain sucks, but we women are strong!

Oh yeah, remind me not to call you if my computer needs fixing...lol. Don't burn the house down...lol.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

@ Dreamy - Yep. Definitely what you said.

@ Southern - Well. Since you put it that way... You done earned an extra hug.

@ Aretha - I shall remember not to get you a crappy power supply when I do the work. Yeah. She is doing alright. She has learned to stay off of it and deal with the boredom. I finally got the computer up so she has something else to do now.

Rashan Jamal said...

Dang MacGyver! LOL

Glad wifey is getting better.

Coko Mulan said...

Glad everything is smooth on your end! Hopefully u will be back