Sunday, April 29, 2007

What in the hell is wrong with these kids today?

Recently I have noticed locally that a recurring news item seems to be a glut of bomb threats left on bathroom walls. I know they are tired of being in school and crave a vacation, but DAMN!!!! Don't they know that such a thing could possibly get you a lifetime membership at Club Fed? I mean where is the sense. Since 9/11/01 you can't even say the word "bomb" in any airport without getting a gun (or seven) pointed at you head. And the thing in Virginia Beach has the whole country getting all skittish again. In a world freshly filled with paranoia, why of all things a bomb threat?

They are pretty damn jaded too. I mean if a news van sitting in front of your school is not a big thing to you, where is your mind? I asked the boy-child the other day, why is the news van at your school? The first reply was "I don't know". The second time I asked the question I got, "Oh, maybe it had something to do with the bomb threat on the bathroom wall". To which I responded, "You don't think that a BOMB THREAT that brings the TV news to your school is neither memorable nor important?" The answer? You probably guessed that he said "Nope". He sure didn't get that from me...

Again I ask. Where is the sense?

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

I don't understand kids today myself. They are more violent and the ones who are not violent seem to be very indifferent to the violence around them.

When I was in school, kids pulled the fire alarm to get out of class. Bomb threats are so extreme, but it seems like a joke to them.

Anonymous said...

This crap didnt use to happen like it does now.....I mean you had a few bomb threats as PRANKS ONLY every year or two...but now I'm so happy Im out of highschool so I dont have to put up with this maddness......

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I hear ya both! Dumbass seems to be a way of life. Maybe that is why they don't mind showing their damn underwear all the time.

Lola Gets said...

Back in the 70s, I went to a all white prep school in Oakland, California. The school went from the first grade to the 12th grade. Every exam period, we would have a few bomb threats made. The school buildings were evacuated, and we were made to "take refuge" on the tennis courts and football field. No violence ever occurred, but we sure missed out on class time, lol.
L