Thursday, May 06, 2010

Reblog 2010 pt. ?

You know, I am sitting here wondering if this is yet another post that I write that I will not publish. Several times over the last few months, I have gone dumpster diving in the lost and found. Trying to find writing again. I look over the other stuff I have thought about this year. In various stages of development. I planned a whole series, with a theme. Weeks have gone by since then. I have not the will to continue them. And don't at all feel bad about that. I had a conversation with a fellow blogger about the state of blogging in our lives. At that time we both had a few distractions going on. There was a bit of new commonality that we shared. Not necessarily good this time. We were feeling that we were telling the same stories as we had before. Had nothing new to contribute to the community at large. As such, he said he was really thinking about quitting and his post of three days prior was his last. I hadn't updated in months myself. Of course that is somewhat hard to do when you are unaccessed. Then again, I am different too. Yet with nothing to report. You know Same Shit Different Day and such. I think that is why I have trouble finishing these now. Recently I seem to have fallen into a rut. Kinda good, kinda bad. Good because there was some let up in the crushing stress of the household. Bad because that let up allowed me to relax. I wake up every day and feel some measure of joy that things aren't worse. Joy that things aren't as bad as the same day last month. Yet there is always that dread that things will surely become worse without a bit more diligence. Sometimes it is hard to muster though. Things go better on sunny days. And I do find that I am a bit more optimistic than my immediate family members. I guess the adversity has given me a different perspective than the rest. Having lived longer than the others, I see that patience has it's place. Sometimes we have to play for time and let things play out as they may. Kinda like that old grizzly bear standing on that big rock in the middle of the river during Salmon spawning season. But sometimes even I lose sight of that. Much like I just lost sight of what the hell I was trying to say... I believe I just over thought my way out of a good point. But I find I do that a lot too now. Cause that had absolutely NOTHING to do with why I sat down here and started to commit thoughts to “paper”.

Why DID I start this you ask?
Well...
Mostly cause I miss you guys.
I seem to have lost touch with a group of folk who have become very dear to me. I can make all kinds of excuses, but I won't waste your time or mine.
2010 is supposed to be the year that I reconnect with the world. I have been somewhat successful with that. That gigantic distraction called Facebook became my favorite place to visit while online of late. It allowed me to reestablish connections with many people who I have known. And with time being at a premium (that is when I can steal some time online) Facebook comes at the expense of spending less time with you all. Okay, most of you. I actually have managed to engage a few of you more than I did while blogging. But that aside, I need to stop missing you.

I need to upgrade my reconnect overall. I realized that recently when I took on an assignment to do my father's branch of the family tree. I was surprised at how much I didn't know that I think I should. My reconnecting is getting a failing grade I think. I guess to not be a hermit, I can't quit quitting. (Yeah, I stole it. I don't smoke anyway! (much like many Michiganders these days!))

So I continue. I will continue to reach out to many in my life.

The task right now is to jack some Internet and find our just how many of you are still out there. Or for that matter, who even remembers me and where I be.

Of course I gotta be successful in jacking that 'net first...

7 comments:

LadyLee said...

It was GOOD to see you stopping through my spot. WOW!

Man, life ebbs and flows. I blog for me, for my sanity, just for me. It is my comfort. Anything else, and I wouldn't be blogging.

Don't push it. Do you. You hear me?

Keep your head up, bruh...

The Brown Blogger said...

Most of us are still here.

Glad you stopped by.

Take your time.

Some of us you can access outside of Facebook and the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm still here.

I was shocked when I your comment on my post.

FYI: alot of bloggers have abandoned blogging for twitter.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

It is always good to be seen at your spots. You know I had to come and see my fams when I logged back in. And you will see me again...

Freaky Deaky said...

Seems like Facebook & Twitter have taken most of the bloggers I've read. I've gone back to the basics myself and just blog for myself mainly now. Gave up on trying to expand the audience. For me it's if I have something to share I do (regardless of importance) and if not I don't. Does wonders for my peace of mind. LOL.

Ladynay said...

*peeping in, peeping out*

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yeah Freaky, Facebook had me in it's grip. I find that I don't spend as much time there when I get on. I too am going back to basics. When my blog was the second page I visited behind my Google start page.

@ Ladynay - You know your ears have to actually break the plane or it doesn't count as a full peek... Not saying that yours didn't. I'm just saying.

Now lemme see what YOU been up to...