Monday, December 15, 2008

The Mickey Frickin' Report.

Here is the situation so far:

  • I been a little absent. You aren't allowed to take me to task for it either. Get over it.
  • I have been thinking about all of you. Just ain't been able to visit much. Get over that too.
  • Good news:
    • The fall mission has been accomplished (to this point) with a high amount of success. I have one examination to go and I don't see that one being a problem since the questions for this one will probably be drawn from the previous three. Term GPA prediction 3.6 - 4.0.
    • My family may soon be reintegrated into one single unit. Currently the five members are dispersed among two locations.
    • The wife acquired herself some transportation.
    • Crip Mommie's casts are a thing of the past. She is in physical therapy and almost done using her support boot.
  • Bad news:
    • My MIL decided not to renew her lease for her current apartment. She announced this to The Wife around Thanksgiving. The lease is up at the end of the year. So that means housing is needed rather fast. Hence the reason for the reintegration of the household.
    • The Wife's recently acquired car is not as wonderful as it seemed. Needs work!
    • Mom has been dependent on my sister for her day to day care since I went to take care of Wifey. She is not the happiest about that. But she understands that it is necessary for our futures.
    • We got turned down for an apartment that we really, really, really, really, really wanted over an old damn bill. That was some bullshit! But maybe the alternate solutions may be better since they could include the dog too!
    • Can you say Root Canal? I sure the hell can! Got tortured in that damn chair for a whole work shift! In at 9:00, out at 3:00! Thank god for Motrin, Tylenol (with codiene), and Keflex!!!
    • Because of the uncertainty with the whole auto industry and that farce that is Congress, the wife has been given a termination date for her position. It's even colder in the D than I realized...
    • Water pills. Need I say more?
    • I just got fucked royally by my advisor! My plan of work is FINALLY FUCKING FINISHED!!!! Of course there seem to be three ADDITIONAL classes that I need to take. Why did I get fucked royally do you ask? Well...
      • I asked for it in August.
      • Had I known about the three other classes, I would have taken 12 credits instead of the 9 that I took. Especially since the nine that I took were the only ones I COULD take because the rest were offered Winter 2009 term.
      • Would not have lost out on 25% of my financial aid last term.
      • The news would not have been such a shock early on.
      • Finishing this term would have put me half way done with what is left instead of one third the way done with the remainder.
      • I absoultely did not intend on taking FUCKING SPRING/SUMMER CLASSES!!!! Never did before! Why the hell start now.
      • Not sure if my gubment handout covers a third term.
      • I need to be able to relocate sooner than later since the job market in Michigan is on life support.
      • Did I mention ANOTHER FUCKING TERM?
      • And the capper to ALL of that is this... Registration for the next term started about six weeks ago. Wanna guess what the status is on all these damn classes I need to take right about now?
      • IF I manage to take all that I can THIS semester, it would mean day classes, evening classes AND classes at a different campus! Man I swear!!!
    • I may get convicted of committing murder on my advisor.

Aside from all that, things are going. Some days are better than others. The semester is winding down and I will have to get into moving mode very quickly. Ain't promising presence. But I will have a little more time to devote to all of you. If I ain't writing, I will at least be reading.

In case of another absence. Happy Holidays early in case I don't get back until later. The situation is still fluid and dynamic so I will be back this way whenever.

And don't tell Usama you saw me!
- TSSE

(somehow I think I left something out...)

9 comments:

Miss Snarky Pants said...

WOW...In that case, your absence makes complete sense.[YOU GOT A LOT GOIN' ON!]

Hooray @ wifey's recovery...
[Know it must feel good for her to be able to get around like she used to!!]

Double hooray @ that predicted GPA
3.6 - 4.0?? [That's a good look right there!]

Hope the housing situation works itself out.
Lawd knows this is NOT the time of year to be without a place to rest.

Wishin' you and your wife all the best!

Ms. B

CHA CHA said...

I may get convicted of committing murder on my advisor.

Be easy...DONT DO IT

Tom_Gurl said...

Excellent news on the Wifey's recovery...hope she continues to make excellent progress...

...I don't understand all that school talk...but I'm guessing the 3.6 - 4.0 is pretty good? Well congrats on that too!!

Hope you don't go commiting murder...cos I can't help you get outta jail!

Anonymous said...

Since you got alot going on, I won't cuss at you.

Good news about the wife's recovery. And sorry about her losing her job. This economy sucks!

I don't have bail money so don't call me.

Anonymous said...

I'd glad wifey is on the mend.

Your absence is understandable, so you'll get no arguments from me.

Don't kill the advisor, I can't bail you out from across the world.

Minerva Exertion said...

Hey I'm not complaining about your absence. I totally understand. I'm glad they wife is doing better and you will be on the dean's list for the semester. Congrats! I'm sorry about your wife's job too. This economy does suck!

Minerva Exertion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rashan Jamal said...

Too bad the bad list is way longer than the good list.

At least the GPA is workin for you!

LadyLee said...

You got waaay too much going on... and it's like digging a ditch with a toothpick. But keep digging, man! You can do it!

Good deal on the grades. Aren't you glad I kept telling you to STUDY?

Glad wifey is recovering well... and sorry about her job. I pray she find one even better.