Wednesday, March 28, 2018

52 at Fifty: Week 3

Yeah.  I know I said Saturday was my posting schedule.  But here we are again on a Wednesday.  Oops...

So I got the old girl back on the road again.  The transmission is still slipping a little.  There are a couple of things that can be tried for that.  Not a deal breaker.  The new battery has her starting up like a champ!  I am not concerned about being stranded due to power issues now.  Now... for the other stuff... Well, different story.  The tires were replaced in the last 18 months.  They don't match but they are all meaty and full of air.  I will make sure to install a set of matching NEW treads after I get the mechanicals straight and before I start working on the visuals in earnest.  Up next is suspension.  My suspension components are OEM.  Not bragging because the car was manufactured in 1994.  So you can probably imagine what the ride is like if you have ever had a jalopy of your own.  BUT the bobblehead ride HAS TO GO!  As you probably know, cars work better when the tires stay in contact with the ground.  I am not confident that is happening with at least 1 (okay all) of the wheels at this point.

Once the slipping and bouncy suspension are fixed, I can be confident it will travel the distances I need it to go.

Still not happy that I need to go through all these changes to travel 75 miles to do the exact same thing I can accomplish from my bed.  But at least now I don't need to bum a ride to get groceries and such.  Oh yeah, I guess I left out the part where the tag was expired.  And the other vehicle needing repairs had it blocked in.  But now free!  Free I say!!!

Speaking of irritations with things that we need to do to eat.  So I found myself thinking STRONGLY of investing in the future of OURS instead of the future of THEIRS.  I kinda have a love/hate relationship with OURS partly because of THEIRS.  But on Monday it was strongly in my mind that OURS was the correct path.  Seems I was being slightly prophetic since THEY have decided to change out performance goals in such a way that pretty much eliminates the idea of paid vacation.  So now we basically have to make up the hours we take for our time off.  This also happened later on Monday.  Really?  So now I pretty much have to work a full 52 weeks PLUS enough weeks to cover my vacation time?  I am so done.

More later!

No comments: