Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Song For Nikki...

I told myself that after the post below, I would raise the flag back to the top of the pole again. Public expressions of mourning shouldn't last forever. And I need to take that private anyway. Already I lied to myself and am posting one more than I told myself I would. (this one)

Tomorrow it is back to the usual blogging and facebook stuff. New post, new status update, different tone and focus. Of course I will still be available should someone need me to get something off their chest. And there is a little bit of smurfy that needs resmurfing.

In short I will go on. But a little closer to a few because of a shared loss. And I shall add one more to my list of remembrances. And I am thankful for them all. I will probably speak on all that in more detail after now.

But there real reason for this post is a song dedication. It may be corny or cliche'. And if for one moment you think that matters, then obviously you have forgotten where you are, the title of this blog AND/OR the dude who authors it! I have been singing this song in part or whole all damn day (which started @ 3:30 this morn nap not withstanding). Since I didn't want to insult your souls by recording that caterwauling, I will let the professionals do their jobs.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

3 comments:

clnmike said...

I feel I missed out getting to know her, may she RIP.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

My dear,
Music is the soundtrack for our lives. A song can bring you back to your first kiss, your first hair cut, your first car and yes it will give you words and melody to loss that is greater than anything you can say on your own.

Thank you...a song is needed. It will forever connect us to her when we hear it.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yeah, she was one of a kind.

Indeed it does Babz. And it was stuck in my head. Like many others, I just wish we had more time.