Friday, April 10, 2009

See, what I WAS gonna do...

Yep, what I was gonna do was drop my dulcet tones on you all in another audio post. Then I remember encountering resistance from several people who shall not have their identities outed. Today...

So...

You get to read instead of listen.


Every thing is cool.

That is all...


Okay, just kidding.

But things are cool.

School is still going on. The countdown is officially less than 30 days. Graduation looms. Hopefully that damn math proficiency that I was avoiding like the plague won't come back and bite me in the ass. Especially since I found out that you can only take that sumbitch ONCE a semester!!! What the fuck is that all about? Especially when I couldn't find the damn study materials on the website they sent me to! Do you realize how much math I have forgotten in the many years since I actually took a class? What a backward ass university!

Classes this semester have been a bit more challenging. Why? I am glad you asked...

  • I moved at the beginning of the semester. It was distracting for the first three weeks.
  • I resent three point five of the five classes I am taking this semester. I wasn't expecting to take them.
  • Cruise control is on.
  • Did I mention resentment?
  • Is May here yet?
  • I gotta get a job now?
  • I can't regurgitate facts like I did two decades ago.
Okay, enough of that.

I am surprised by how much my early semester affected the midterms. That and I am tired of group projects where folk don't wanna do shit. Thank god the last one is on Monday! And that I don't have to go to Astronomy lab any more!!! Just gotta turn in work for that one. One more class session and a paper for Business Anthropology. Hmm... Two weeks of class and then the final Finals!!! Yeah! I gotta be honest though. I really don't care what these grades look like as long as they don't keep me from commencement. Not that I ain't gonna continue trying. But it took 24 years to get here, I already got one and a half middle fingers up!!! Ya feel me?!?!?

Dang! Now I gotta go all they way back to being a grown up.
...
... ...
...
Dang!

On the other hand, the job is always easier than the training for it. And the payments go in the opposite direction. Who invented that system anyway?

I will try to post more since the workload is letting up. I can justify spending time creating documents that don't have a due date and a rubric. But you know how that goes. And how I go...

OH!!!
By the way. You are all invited to my graduation!
Turns out that while tickets are limited, there is an internet simulcast! I will have to get the link out to you closer to the event!

Update: I passed the proficiency exam!!! So that little test won't hold me up for another 15 weeks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I clicked on your page, I wasn't expecting to see a post. Glad to hear you are still doing good in school.

I loathed group projects. There would always be one student who didn't want to do anything.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You weren't expecting one? I am wounded!!! Slightly...

Yeah not doing too bad.

We had that guy in Com. He was way too laid back and tried to explain it away by saying that he was only a sophomore and he had time while we all were trying to graduate and were taking the class seriously.

Dang! Either a lot of people work blog and took Good Friday off or you are the only one who loves me anymore! Not that I am complaining about your love!

Anonymous said...

Hey I still love ya. Congrats on passing the proficiency exam. I'm glad that everything is good in your part of the world.

MsKayotic said...

Glad you still doing good.

Keep positive about school. I know it's a b@$%& but you gotta stay positive. You'll reap the benefits in the end.

The Dreamy One said...

congrats honey!!!

i will be cheering you on, all the way to the finish line!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on pasing your test!
Good to see you back to blogging. I'm back too. I switched to wordpress.