Friday, April 06, 2018

52 at Fifty: Week 4

I have been finding myself not really liking the position I am in at 50.  Lately, especially in the last week, I have been thinking about how and why that is.  I was supposed to chronicle all that over this last week.  That is one of my problems.  I was supposed to get busy on getting busy on this project among others.  So instead of posting on Saturday and updating through the week, I am posting on Friday.  Technically still in the correct week.  But it is sliding a bit.  I gotta stop that.  First you get two posts on Saturday, one of them for the previous week.  Next you get one a week late with a promise to get the current week done before the week is up.  Then you get a week or two late with no promise.  Then once a month, for one month.  Then...crickets.

Circling back to what I STARTED to say...

I ran across this video of Will Smith earlier in the week.  It spoke to me because of the things that have been on my mind.  He was basically saying that there should be nothing stopping you from achieving your dreams.  And that the biggest hurdle to the achievement of those goals is your own mindset.  I have heard the old "Change your mind, change your circumstances" thing.  I guess the way he said it dug deep.  I started thinking of those dreams.  Looking at my circumstances.  I see what he means.



The biggest issue is that I am a human stop sign at times.  I am very much experience the adventure.  Yet at the same time I am VERY much risk adverse.  I'm sure you can see the problem here.  When it isn't very risky I'm all for the adventure! Try it out, see what happens. Enjoy the experience, learn a thing or two. But if there is something to lose, the cost/benefit calculator comes out with the quickness. I'm just as likely to come up with reasons why not as I am for reasons why.

I had more but that leeched out of my head with the start of work time.

But the short version is that I need to get out of my own way.

More on that later...

No comments: